Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus 2.0 tdci

Smith's

I've got a focus 2011. 2.0 tdci when I press the clutch in and the press accelerator the revs jump up to 1300/1500 rpm. Is this normal. 

not sure what your asking depends how hard you press the go pedel

• Like 2

Sorry. The  car is at idle speed and I press the accelerator and I can control the revs.

The more I press the more the rpm climb. 700-800-900 so on. But when I press the clutch down and try the same thing I done with the clutch up and I can't control the revs. E.g it goes from 700-800 then jumps to 1200-1300 rpm. With the same pressure on the right foot. 

I've been told it's anti-stall. I have never heard of. No codes showing up. Any help as I was just wondering if this was a normal thing on focus. 

yes the focus has an anti stall , thats how you can pull away with no gas  applied in first gear,  try it on a petrol , try and pull away in 1st gear with no gas pedal applied, you will stall

hence , in all gears the diesel engine will pull you with no throttle applied

Thank you for reply. I haven't had the car long and I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem. 

Thanks for the help. 

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I'm not the only one, It's ***** annoying.

Sitting at the lights, clutch down, in 1st gear, lights change, roll off the clutch as I roll on the gas, and suddenly I'm that ***** revving his engine at the lights.

This is normal? Wtf? :wallbash:

And it doesn't stop me stalling at all, because as I'm trying NOT to rev the nuts off it, I come in at a lower rpm than I would normally and it still stalls!

In what circumstance exactly is this meant to be useful? (apart from sitting in traffic, then it is very useful)

Or am I not using it right? Maybe I should dump the clutch, start rolling, then the throttle?? :blink:

Yes. What you have just said there is the same as what is happening to me. 

Like anti-stall that makes me kangaroo off the lights as I don't want to wheel spin but can't keep the revs down as it just jumps up. 

I was wondering the same is there something I'm not doing right. Do I rev before or after. Like WOW it's drove me mad. I was wondering if I'd lost the ability to drive right. 

Likewise. 

The 2.0 tdci engine is really nice and torquey, and this is the only downside so far.

There is a balance point starting from standstill, but it's too easy to get it wrong either side of that.

I rarely stall other cars, so why does ford assume I can't drive this one, and then make it more difficult to drive, and not easier?! :huh:

Wonder if it's possible for the anti-stall to develop a fault and come in when it's not supposed to, as this does seem really odd... 

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed this when I first had the car also it seemed to have slight lag before it picked up revs from the accelerator pedal, I fitted a tdci tuning box as it about £80 and it solved it straight away car picked up revs very smoothly and no lag must admit with the six speed box 1st revs through the range too quickly I usually pull off in second to save wheel spin.

I know some people dont rate them but been on my car over 18 months and two MOT passed with no advisories car has done 114K and drives like new.

Look on eBay if your interested but I would not risk the really cheap ones. Hope this helps

• Like 1

Thanks Albcreative, that makes sense.

Am thinking of getting mine tuned at some point too, although haven't decided which route to take yet, but might try and get it done sooner rather than later.

Did you get your EGR valve removed/blocked with the tune?

Got a kit to block off my EGR, and as mine didn't come with a DPF from the factory, I'm thinking it shouldn't cause an issue to block the EGR other than a warning light.

Wondering how much of a difference it'll make to the power delivery with it gone.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club