Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First time towing

aussiepom

Hello all 

towed for the first time with the Edge well pleased with it very stable a 2 and half hour tow to Brighton 

image.jpeg

Hi Aussie, Glad your liking the edge for towing, been on a few trips with my caravan and it never missed a beat, auto gearbox was a little slow changing down when turning onto a incline but other than that small detail no problems. Love the reversing camera when hooking up.

42 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

Hi Aussie, Glad your liking the edge for towing, been on a few trips with my caravan and it never missed a beat, auto gearbox was a little slow changing down when turning onto a incline but other than that small detail no problems. Love the reversing camera when hooking up.

Do you tow in Drive or Sport mode ? often wondered if sport would be better.

looks good- nice looking car the Edge. Please may I ask what kind of towing-mirrors they are?

only towed in normal drive so far, tell you the truth never thought of trying it in sports mode, let me know what its like if you tow in sports.

Hi Niel

had the mirrors for so long now can't remember the name 

my is edge is manual and it pulled it comfortable in six gear on the moter ways 

2 hours ago, NeilRS said:

looks good- nice looking car the Edge. Please may I ask what kind of towing-mirrors they are?

They look like Milenco Aeros to me, same as mine.

1 hour ago, kelvin1950 said:

They look like Milenco Aeros to me, same as mine.

Yep they are milenco aeros, snap!

Having missed out on 2 sets on eBay bought a new set today- fit really well. Thanks folks 

Sorry to hijack - but are the Milenco Aero's any good?

I have a set of generic towing mirrors that are next to useless!! They vibrate and wobble and never stay where they were set.

2 hours ago, SeanW said:

Sorry to hijack - but are the Milenco Aero's any good?

I have a set of generic towing mirrors that are next to useless!! They vibrate and wobble and never stay where they were set.

You almost don't need towing mirrors as the standard mirrors are so big. However, I believe it's a legal requirement and a combination of the standard mirrors and the aeros gives an unprecedented field of view. Especially when you're being tailgated as I was the other day coming back from West Wittering.

My Mondeo is pretty much the same - I can see reasonably well with the standard mirrors - but I do like the little bit extra vision you get...unfortunately, my set are seriously naff

I picked up the Milenco ones from my local caravan shop for £49.99.  They were going for more than that second hand on e bay 

Yes the milenco mirrors are good I think I would go for the square lens ones now

it seemed I was only getting 26 mpg towing coming home today

Just to add what kelvin says , it is a legal requirement to have towing mirrors on both sides of your car, fines are £50 for each mirror missing

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club