Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus won't start

MarkieMark

Hi all,

newbie on here,

my focus estate 53 plate has decided not to start this morning, engine turns over but doesn't want to seem to start.

can anyone help please, I'm a 62 year old pensioner. And need car to take wife to hospital/shopping etc.

thanks in advance.

has it run out of fuel :smile:

• Like 2

No, it has a 1/4 tank of fuel.

do these cars have a fuel cut off switch I can reset.

and if so, where on the car is it.

Could be, but could be not.  Does it sound flat? Generally speaking if it sounds ok it probably is.

Any error codes to go on? Immobiliser?

fuel cut off switch is down the driver side the kick panel near you feet :smile:

I noticed the engine oil level was very low, I topped up with oil and car started, drove car to shop when got back in car it wouldn't start, and noticed oil level was above max, would this effect it starting.

• 2 weeks later...

Been told by recovery guy, that my 'fuel cut off solenoid' need replacing.

any pictures or videos out there to show where this is please.

On 07/04/2017 at 8:37 AM, MarkieMark said:

I noticed the engine oil level was very low, I topped up with oil and car started, drove car to shop when got back in car it wouldn't start, and noticed oil level was above max

When checking the oil level you need to dip twice. You will find the level is always higher on the second dip. I have a theory about this. When the engine is running the sump level drops as the oil is distributed around. When stopped the sump refills but the level in the dipstick tube doesn't rise because an air lock is created by the 'o'-ring seal on the dipstick. When you take the dipstick out the airlock is broken and the oil rises in the tube.

Apparently this is the unit giving me problems, anyone know what it is?

IMG_0753.JPG

I don't know what it is.

But did the recovery guy prove to you it was that, or is it just a wild guess on his part?

did he actually get it started or did he just take the car back home for you and 'guess' it might be that

Looking up the number, fuel vapour vacuum solenoid.

19 hours ago, isetta said:

I don't know what it is.

But did the recovery guy prove to you it was that, or is it just a wild guess on his part?

did he actually get it started or did he just take the car back home for you and 'guess' it might be that

Hi yes,

the breakdown/recovery guy had a good look around tried to start in the usual way with no luck, he then put in the fault diagnostic thing and error code come up with 'fuel cut off solenoid'  from the above picture where is this solenoid.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club