Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 and Mk7.5 steering wheel interchangable?

Lewie226

Im looking at fitting a leather stering wheel to my style- are the 7 and 7.5 compatible?

If so can I remove my radio buttons and insert them in the new steering wheel

Ta

Yeh the 7.5 will fit a mk7 and yes the buttons are transferable.

Just a bit of advice but many if not all 7.5 steering wheels are a grey/black colour, so at a very good guess your steering wheel is the ford dark blue colour with the dark grey/black airbag cover, fitting the later 7.5 updated steering wheel won't match the interior of the car and will look odd, I changed my steering wheel and it was grey/black colour and didn't like it, so searched and found a better spec' steering wheel which was the dark blue colour.

Changing the steering wheel isn't too hard, disconnect battery allow the car to be disconnected for 3 hours, this is to make sure the airbag loses all it's electric power and hopefully will not go off when your are removing the steering wheel! Align the wheel straight, then both top & bottom surrounds need to be removed, then a bent angled screwdriver is slotted in two square holes at the rear and prise free the two springs, when they pop off the airbag is then lose, this part is very fiddly as you can't see the spring very clearly, when the airbag is off carefully turn the airbag over and disconnect all wires and place it on the back seat out of harms way, remove the steering wheel and the silver surround is held in place with three screws, carefully unplug the wires when the surround is lose, re-fit the upgraded wheel, re-fit surround, get the airbag and re-attach all wires and then just push fit the airbag back in place, listen for 'clunk' clunk' as the springs re-en-gauge, fit battery leads back on battery and then put the keys in the ignition...Whilst NOT sat in the car, turn on the ignition, start engine, check horn, turn off engine... all should be fine, then re-fit surrounds......''job done'' took me just an hour to fit.

I've still got my part leather steering wheel if your interested in it, came off a 10 plate Titanium, £30 including the postage ? Unmarked and like new, Can show you further pictures if you like.

Thanks for the rep,y Mine is a black 'style'

thanks for the pointers - I'll check my steering wheel colour- I really fancied the full leather any they can be had for sub £25

• Like 1

These was fetching some £200 on eBay at one time but plummeted in price just lately, if I had a black interior i'd soon be buying this type.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-fiesta-titanium-13-17-leather-Steering-Wheel-3-spoke-323718-/292071440613?hash=item4400d080e5:g:kY8AAOSwuLZY3Pyn

Yeh - it seems it's the cruise that adds the £££

i just lost one for £1.20 + postage - that'll teach me to mow the lawn

Is it blue???

http://B8B0BFD0-2168-403D-A87D-7DD38441D851_zps

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club