Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange insurance claim verdict

TheRookie

Just got my insurance renewal letter. I recently had an accident in which I (totally out of my stupidity) reversed in neigbourgh's car, which was stationary and unoccupied. In the renewal it says "partial blame"! How is this possible?

Had a call with the insurer and they say that according to their Claims Department it is my fault (something I totally agree with) but their system defines it in some peculiar way so that customer service/renewals sees it as "partial blame" but claims team see it correctly as "at fault". According to CS rep, their renewal letter is 100% valid and the insurance won't be invalidated because this is information they transferred internally and not something I reported to them.

Asked them to confirm this in writing so that my insurance won't be invalidated and expicitly asked if they are recording the call, to which they said "yes". Got CS rep name and ID too.

Is this normal? I never came across something like this before.

And no wonder we can never make sense of insurance! 

• 1 month later...

Insist you get it in writing, they made a very small typing error mistake on my mates renewal which was not noticed and then tried to not pay when he made a claim for something.  
Said he was responsible to check the renewal even though it was their mistake.  Took over 6 months until they eventually backed down as my mate was determined to fight it all the way to the courts.

The fact that they are recording the call is useless to you if you don't have a copy of it

The opposite to you - they had a notification of an accident (with a lamb, where I claimed entirely off the third parties insurance company directly), but at renewal they had it down as a "Fault" claim.

On ringing Hastings they had me forward them a copy of the letter where the third party ins co was admitting liability, but still no avail.

Contacted the claims dept directly, who advised that it was down as a notification, and they had no idea where the renewal information was coming from. Couple of minutes later it was fixed and my premium back to where I thought it would be...

I had some difficulty in getting LV to change my Mum's marital status from married to widowed, on her renewal quote, after my Dad died.  Although they acknowledged it on the phone, at the time (9 months before renewal) it hadn't been changed on her renewal letter.

• 2 months later...

I know you all have way stricter insurance over there, but I've got a similar situation to Micro - hit a deer, did over $9,000 damage to our Escape Titanium.  Those HID headlights are EXPENSIVE, both of them had to be replaced and they run about $1250 each.  It was listed as not as fault, but the insurance company still raised the 6 month rate by $500 due to the incident.  They told me that I shouldn't have hit the deer, I offered to drive into the ditch or oncoming traffic next time so they wouldn't have to pay for the next deer hit and asked if they would rather pay for the head on collision with another vehicle...  They refused to back down, I found another insurance company. 

Insurance companies are bizarre places that are just out to take their customers money as quickly as possible is all I managed to learn from the experience. 

ivè still got an outstanding insurance claim from march 2016! was company insurance policy at a previous employer, wasnt my fault but other party claiming different using some claims lawyers to blame me. not heard anything since aound jan/feb. its a pain as when i renew my insurance i have to keep putting claim not settled which affects my premium,

13 minutes ago, p38fln said:

I know you all have way stricter insurance over there, but I've got a similar situation to Micro - hit a deer, did over $9,000 damage to our Escape Titanium.  Those HID headlights are EXPENSIVE, both of them had to be replaced and they run about $1250 each.  It was listed as not as fault, but the insurance company still raised the 6 month rate by $500 due to the incident.  They told me that I shouldn't have hit the deer, I offered to drive into the ditch or oncoming traffic next time so they wouldn't have to pay for the next deer hit and asked if they would rather pay for the head on collision with another vehicle...  They refused to back down, I found another insurance company. 

Insurance companies are bizarre places that are just out to take their customers money as quickly as possible is all I managed to learn from the experience. 

often makes you wonder what world we live in.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club