Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem with Fiesta Titanium

keely

Piggy could you give a more technical reason for using Shell instead of supermarket petrol? I've had my Ka from new and have always used either Sainsburys or Morrisons petrol, no problems yet. If you could give us a technical reason instead of metaphors that would be helpful...

I use whatever fuel is cheap/conveinient at the time (inc. Sainsburys, Tesco, BP, Shell, Texaco, Morrisons etc) and only put premium in once to test it out. It made no difference to my mk6 and I don't see the point in using it again in my new one. It was more expensive to buy, gave no noticeable power advantage and the fuel economy was the same. Just a waste of a few extra quid per tank in my opinion.

Using premium fuel in a Fez is buying Roman Pavlyuchenko for £14 million thinking that you'll reap the benefits and then ending up with a benchwarmer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

The juddering only happens when the clutch is fully up. It doesn't appear to judder all the time. When I took the car to Ford I explained the problem, gave the symptoms and they said it sounds like the clutch, they took it for a test drive unfortunatly the problem didn't occur ( in hind sight should have gone with them ) they said it was a high bitting point, this was confirmed once they took it apart. Maybe the juddering is unique to Fords I don't know as it is my first, I can say that I have had many cars: Corsa diesel, Clio diesel, Nissan petrol, Citroen petrol and I can say that I have never come across this juddering.

I lease my car from the driving instructor centre, I pay so much a month for hiring the car and for servicing maintenance ect... so when I need a new clutch or whatever they pay for it. As for how I drive, well since becoming an ADI I haven't changed the way I contol the car, and have never experienced this juddering! Even my pupils have asked what it is and to be honest I have to tell them some story about it being the car being at too low a speed for the gear engaged, seeing as I'm not totaly sure.

Hope that helps.

Keely

P.s Reverse is still a problem but not as difficult to engage as with the old clutch. Had heard before that reverse can be tricky but mentioned it in original post just in case it was relevant.

Hi all,

The juddering only happens when the clutch is fully up. It doesn't appear to judder all the time. When I took the car to Ford I explained the problem, gave the symptoms and they said it sounds like the clutch, they took it for a test drive unfortunatly the problem didn't occur ( in hind sight should have gone with them ) they said it was a high bitting point, this was confirmed once they took it apart. Maybe the juddering is unique to Fords I don't know as it is my first, I can say that I have had many cars: Corsa diesel, Clio diesel, Nissan petrol, Citroen petrol and I can say that I have never come across this juddering.

I lease my car from the driving instructor centre, I pay so much a month for hiring the car and for servicing maintenance ect... so when I need a new clutch or whatever they pay for it. As for how I drive, well since becoming an ADI I haven't changed the way I contol the car, and have never experienced this juddering! Even my pupils have asked what it is and to be honest I have to tell them some story about it being the car being at too low a speed for the gear engaged, seeing as I'm not totaly sure.

Hope that helps.

Keely

P.s Reverse is still a problem but not as difficult to engage as with the old clutch. Had heard before that reverse can be tricky but mentioned it in original post just in case it was relevant.

Cheers for getting back to us on this one Keely :)

I really wish I could drive you car then I could tell you if its a Ford specific issue, cos I have always driven Fords lol. Although I previously stated that the issue may be the ESP I now doubt this to be the case. The only thing that comes to mind is the "play" in the transmission between engine braking and engine accelleration - but this is only usually noticeable when crawling in traffic in either 1st or 2nd gear (if you know what I mean?). If it is a ford-specific problem (which it might not be) then at least you have it on a monthy lease, so i would imagine you could chop it in for something different if it became too much of an issue for you.

In regard to the reverse, this is almost definitely a syncromesh characteristic. (I imagine you know what this is) I find that the biggest problem you will have is if you are coming straight from a forward gear into reverse - you could get some grinding - best to briefly hold the clutch down until the movement slows then you will get very little or no grinding.. If you are coming into reverse from neutral you are more likely to find that the gear wont go in at all - in this case a light dip of the clutch should align the gear cogs making it easier to engage.

Cheers for getting back to us on this one Keely :)

I really wish I could drive you car then I could tell you if its a Ford specific issue, cos I have always driven Fords lol. Although I previously stated that the issue may be the ESP I now doubt this to be the case. The only thing that comes to mind is the "play" in the transmission between engine braking and engine accelleration - but this is only usually noticeable when crawling in traffic in either 1st or 2nd gear (if you know what I mean?). If it is a ford-specific problem (which it might not be) then at least you have it on a monthy lease, so i would imagine you could chop it in for something different if it became too much of an issue for you.

In regard to the reverse, this is almost definitely a syncromesh characteristic. (I imagine you know what this is) I find that the biggest problem you will have is if you are coming straight from a forward gear into reverse - you could get some grinding - best to briefly hold the clutch down until the movement slows then you will get very little or no grinding.. If you are coming into reverse from neutral you are more likely to find that the gear wont go in at all - in this case a light dip of the clutch should align the gear cogs making it easier to engage.

Hi

Thanks for the infomation, it is much appreciated! It's good to know there are people out there that are able to find out what the problem could be. My lease runs out in June so will leave it a while longer to see it the problem gets worse.

Thanks again

Keely

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club