Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DPF problems

maxim123

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help. I have a 2010 Ford Galaxy which I love, but in the past two weeks, it has started to give me a few problems.

I was driving, and the wrench light and engine malfunction message came up on the central display. The following day I took it to a local garage, and they ran a scan with a Delphi scanner, and the following code was reported

P244C code – Catalyst temperature too low during regeneration, bank 1

The mechanic suggested I get the DPF glow plug replaced as these are known to fail and cause this fault code, and it was not too expensive a part under £50. Anyway I went ahead and booked it in for the weekend and continued driving the car for five days, on Saturday before the job started the codes were read, and an additional code came back

P2463 Diesel Particle Filter – soot accumulated

I collected the car and was told to take it for a run and see if a regen would clear the warning message. The message is still on the dash and few hours into the motorway drive the amber engine management light also has now illuminated.

Any ideas of what next to check, I obviously don’t want to change the DPF and it gets clogged again due to some other issue.

The car thus far seems to drive okay, but I want to get this sorted and warning messages and fault codes cleared.

Thanks

Mel

• 1 month later...

Sounds like you just need to regenerate the filter take for a run revving it high for a few miles

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• 5 years later...
On 5/9/2017 at 6:57 PM, Richops said:

Sounds like you just need to regenerate the filter take for a run revving it high for a few miles

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Maybe worth checking the Differential pressure sensor hoses?

Her is a youtube link: 

• Sad 1

Is there a reason that you are answering posts that are 5 and 6 years old ? The thread is long since DEAD

1 minute ago, unofix said:

Is there a reason that you are answering posts that are 5 and 6 years old ? The thread is long since DEAD

No, but if there is someone that has a similar existing problem on their vehicle they maybe browsing, looking to see if somebody has previously asked the question & if there are any answers available?... Lets all put our combined knowledge together?? & who knows maybe it will be of help to somebody without the need to ask & then wait 6 years for an answer??

What do you reckon?

I reckon there is a dozen or more active threads on the subject without restarting 5 year old posts, but you carry on if you think it will be of help.

7 minutes ago, unofix said:

I reckon there is a dozen or more active threads on the subject without restarting 5 year old posts, but you carry on if you think it will be of help.

I do & I will...If I found it then there will undoubtedly be others also, If as you say there are several other threads ref this fault then the inquisitors will undoubtedly look for any links live or dead referring to the problem & inevitably view this... If they don't then hey ho I've wasted 5 minutes of my life tying to be of help hey?