Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Add Bluetooth on 2010 Titanium focus

Nicolas33

I had BT installed with latest Sony radio and latest module when I bought the car. I changed the BT/Voice module Novero 8M5T-19G488-AS with older Nokia module with USB/BT. I realised it doesn't support Voice commands (I never used it anyway) and I need to update software to November 2012 version for BT audio to work.

If you have older Sony radio with older firmware on it and newer module, they can be incompatibile, and only Ford can update Sony firmware in radio to support newer module.

• Like 1

My head is a 2nd hand Sony unit that looks the same as yours, but it isn't DAB. Think I found the code on the left side of it, but I don't know which gen the head is. The current BT module came with the car, a mk2 '07, and I want it for music and calls only, no voice commands.

I don't think the wiring would be different between mk2 and mk2.5, but, as with most things, I could well be wrong.

Any idea how much ford would charge to update the software?

Current - 

ford-sony-6-disc-cd-mp3-player-front-in-listing.jpg

The Focus MK2 and very early MK2.5 versions(produced before approximately May 2008) did have the (optional) 1st generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. This system only supports bluetooth phone functionality and has mono sound. 

Later Focus MK2.5 versions did have the (optional) 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol systems. The 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system has stereo sound and did have 2 different types of module. The standard Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module only supports Bluetooth phone functionality. The Sound & Connect module supports bluetooth phone functionality and USB, bluetooth Audio (A2DP) and Ipod control functionality.

Many parts of the 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system are different from the 1st generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. The radio's, Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules and wiring are different.

The GEN 2 and GEN 3 Sony radio's look identical but are technically different. The exact type of radio can only be determined correctly by the part number of the radio. GEN 2 Sony radio's are based on the 1st generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. GEN 3 Sony radio's are based on the 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. Next to this there are also differences between the Sony radio's for different Ford models. A Sony radio from a Mondeo MK4 or S-max/Galaxy for example is technically different from a Focus radio. A Sony radio from a Mondeo MK4 or S-max/Galaxy uses a different communication protocol which is not completely compatible with a Focus MK2/MK2.5. During diagnostics there is no communication possible with an incorrect type of radio and it is not possible to configure the radio.

You should also be aware that the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module needs to be configured correctly. Most Ford models uses the same types of Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module but have different configurations. A Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module from a Focus, C-max or Kuga should be plig and play. A Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module from a different Ford model needs to be configured correctly. If not configured correctly the module will not work correctly. Configuration can easily be done with a (modified) ELM327 interface and the free ELMconfig software.

• Like 1

Ah, guess that's it for me then. My car is an '07 and the radio I put in it connected fine to the existing wiring and BT module.

Will have to be content with a aux jack connection to phone for music, and possibly replace with a decent aftermarket with better connection options some point in the future.

Thank you to Nico, Gopacic and Wilco for your help and info, it's much appreciated.

15 hours ago, JW1982 said:

You should also be aware that the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module needs to be configured correctly. Most Ford models uses the same types of Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module but have different configurations. A Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module from a Focus, C-max or Kuga should be plug and play. A Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module from a different Ford model needs to be configured correctly. If not configured correctly the module will not work correctly. Configuration can easily be done with a (modified) ELM327 interface and the free ELMconfig software.

One more information I did not know :)

I have now ordered a 8M5T-19C112-AR  model. But I believe it comes from a Fiesta.. I have now ask the seller as item will only be delivered next week.. Should I get the eml327 now or it might work anyway?

Any tips on how to reprogram it?

Sorry for the double post but not sure how to edit..

I just wanted to thank everyone involved in helping me out, specially Wilco.

I plugged the BT module yesterday, and the audio patch cable, and it all worked as expected :). hopefully it keep working...

I had a minute or two of stupidity, not realizing that I needed to press the Aux button few times to get the audio working as only have phone options when I press the phone button.. but I got it after some time ... :)

Might even get the microphone in few months, but for now, I have the car I wanted thanks to this forum.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, 

I'm a new member and found this post really helpful.

Can someone conform for me please?

I have a 2010 titanium with the head unit pictured above so I'm assuming it's a gen3? Which bluetooth will I need not bothered bout the music connection (but if eBay throws 1 up I might be tempted)? And as for the voice control stick will any one work ie 1 from a cmax work in a focus??

Thanks in advance

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I've got a mk 2.5 focus 2009. It has the sony head unit without dab. If I change the bluetooth module to the 8M5T-19C112-AS, will I be able to get the bluetooth audio working on it?

thanks

• 2 years later...
On 4/18/2017 at 1:08 PM, JW1982 said:

All Focus MK2.5 Sony DAB radio's are GEN 3 radio's. Your radio should be fine.

You can use the following Bluetooth/Voicecontrol modules:

8M5T-19C112-AM

8M5T-19C112-AN

8M5T-19C112-AP

8M5T-19C112-AR

8M5T-19C112-AS

8M5T-19C112-AT

All of these modules are technically identical. The only difference is the software. The "AM" module software did initially not support Bluetooth Audio. However after updating the software to the latest version (Ford Audio Update of November 2012) all of these modules are identical and all support USB, Bluetooth Audio (A2DP) or Ipod control. 

Note that the "A" in the part number suffix stands for the language of the module (A = English). In case you only want to use it for Bluetooth Audio and/or USB you can also use a module with a different language (B = for example German). English modules are by far the most popular. Different languages are usually less desired and a bit cheaper.

I’ve been using these great forums for the past few years, and I’ve only ever had to ask my first question to clarify something now!  You guys are very helpful

I have a 2008 FL Focus, registered 11/2008, and I have retrofitted quite a few things already. However, I am now looking at fitting the bluetooth audio control. I have already fitted the DAB radio with new Ariel and loom ect, and everything’s working well.

Below is the part number for the original radio I had fitted, and I would just like to know whether it would now just be a a case of purchasing a new module with one of the part numbers listed above? 

I have the voice stalk as standard, and can make/ receive phone calls already, but would love to be able to use the bluetooth music player.

Also, I heard that there is possibly wiring for a USB port. If so, where would this be located?

B06DDF1B-5DD1-4ED1-BC20-27D16F682760.jpeg

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

its a different module with possibly no loom, or a different loom with a smaller plug to connect it

your search needed this thread

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club