Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk III facelift centre console removal

Spanglish

I'm trying to remove the centre console on my 2015 Mk IV Focus. I'm new to Fords after a long time with VAG.

There doesn't seem to be any info on Youtube or around the forum on trim removal. Anyone know how to do it?

What I'm trying to do is run the USB cable behind the dash and have it come out closer to the phone cradle which is just below the air vent on the passenger side (Left hand drive) and I want to remove this panel to tuck the cable in behind the panels.

Cheers.

IMG_4355.JPG

1. This is not a Focus MK4 (IV). There is not an MK4 focus yet.

2. Should be fairly easy with some gentle prising with some plastic removal tools. My belief is there are a series of lugs you need to lift the plastic out of if any of the older Fords are anything to go by.

1. This is not a Focus MK4 (IV). There is not an

:blush: Cringe.. Sorry, I assumed the pre facelift was a different MK. I've edited the title.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I think you're right but I'm scared to break it. Anyone else know for certain?

I hope I understand what you'd like to achieve here. 

First of all, I'd use the USB from the armrest, leading it through the designated cut-out under the armrest top itself and then move the cable straight down and then tuck behind the middle console where it meets the carpet. - hope this makes sense. 

This is exactly the method I used for my dashcam to receive power with the only difference that I needed to take it towards the A pillar..

be32753352a27615b35ae29bf3b5f3dd_2016-ford-focus-interior-2016-ford-focus-st3-interior_1417-969.thumb.png.6340224868bc9ecdf8643c5f9721c752.png

Thanks Zed.

I hadn't thought of that. Good idea. Are you saying you didn't remove any trim, you just tucked it into an overlap?

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:54 PM, Spanglish said:

I'm trying to remove the centre console on my 2015 Mk IV Focus. I'm new to Fords after a long time with VAG.

There doesn't seem to be any info on Youtube or around the forum on trim removal. Anyone know how to do it?

What I'm trying to do is run the USB cable behind the dash and have it come out closer to the phone cradle which is just below the air vent on the passenger side (Left hand drive) and I want to remove this panel to tuck the cable in behind the panels.

Cheers.

IMG_4355.JPG

This should help

Avi,

Spot on! Couldn't find that video. That's perfect. I was worried I'd snap the trim if I puller it but that's pretty clear. Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2017 at 3:33 PM, Spanglish said:

Thanks Zed.

I hadn't thought of that. Good idea. Are you saying you didn't remove any trim, you just tucked it into an overlap?

Sorry, I've just realised you had replied to my comment. 

Yes, I just tucked in below anything I needed. There's always a little bit of play between the panels/carpet.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club