Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mud flaps

celticrsmith

TBH Pigster, no matter how hard you try to sell it, i won't be buying ;)

I admire it for what it is, but i'd never want one. Horses for courses and all that ;)

:thumbsup:

edit: You do need to install the full emoticons set on here Dan... let me know and I'll do it for you. I used to work for IPS. I even have a lifetime license I'm not currently using... would let you upgrade to 3.0 :P

neither will I...in standard form its a girls car and the FRP only comes in purple (they say royal blue...yeah!)...so I think its girly...but then me best mate can't be bothered with girls...so his FRP is kinda his GF!! :lol:

Go wash your mouth out!!

The Ford Racing Puma colour is Ford Racing Blue - a variant of Imperial Blue, and a kind of go between between Imperial Blue and the current Performance Blue ;)

The only other car to come in Ford Racing Blue is the MkI Focus RS :)

I think you need an eye test piggy. I've seen these with my tested 20:20 vision, and purple is nowhere to be seen. Ford top line models always feature a variant of Blue and a limted run of colours. Never seen purple in those options to date.

Regardless of the fact the FRP (ST160 if you like) is a wide body, and could in fact benefit from mud flaps, the fact remains that it didn't come with any. And the after market solution is not winning any friends here!

To be fair to it, the FRP is actually an excellent motor. After all, it's a Fiesta in drag essentially. It's just a bit surprising that it has the same book times as the Focus ST170, which was a good deal heavier. Granted, the FRP had a sportier look and nice seats, but the ST170 was a far more practical all-around car.

I always liked the Puma too actually, and even today its looks belie the fact that it first came out in '97. Good effort really from Ford basically just rehashing the Fez. However I do not like those mudflaps! Chav central IMO. :lol:

To be fair to it, the FRP is actually an excellent motor. After all, it's a Fiesta in drag essentially. It's just a bit surprising that it has the same book times as the Focus ST170, which was a good deal heavier. Granted, the FRP had a sportier look and nice seats, but the ST170 was a far more practical all-around car.

book times mean nout...FRP would leave a Focus embarrased around a track or down a winding road...and would be more fun too...

when Ford thought about the FRP I don't think (and flipping hope not) that they thought they needed to make it practical!!

FRP: fun inpractical joy for the youngsters

Focus: fun for the Dads of the world!

book times mean nout...FRP would leave a Focus embarrased around a track or down a winding road...and would be more fun too...

when Ford thought about the FRP I don't think (and flipping hope not) that they thought they needed to make it practical!!

FRP: fun inpractical joy for the youngsters

Focus: fun for the Dads of the world!

More fun is a matter of opinion. Practical and a little loutish (170) is more fun to me, than something that is constantly tiresome, but as you rightly say - it wasn't made to be practical. But have no bones about it - the 170 comes into its own from 40mph upwards. Just a shame the low down power was so pants (purposefully from Ford, as the RS was on the horizon).

Good luck insuring any youngster on the FRP. The ST170 is group 16 itself ...

best mate, 22, loads of mods...insurance no problem, bout 700 a year I think :)

Good for you.

I had less than that on the ST170 when I was 22 (500 FC with 3 points and doing 20k miles a year), but I'd be daft to think everyone the same age would get the same insurance.

One person isn't exactly representative of the whole population. My father who is 26 years my senior, was quoted MORE than me with no points for example.

But regardless of what anyone says, your mate has one so you will always disagree (whether you are right or wrong) :) It's okay - I think it's quite sweet really.

Just to join in on the ST170 discussion (can't speak for the FRP as i've never driven one, although i'd expect it to be a better handling package simply becasue of the massively wide track and firmer setup) -

My brother bought an ST170 brand new in 2003 - only did 6000 miles in it and part ex'd it 8 months later for a Civic Type-R (MUCH better car in EVERY department) and lost £8000 in that 8 months! As for the handling - simply shocking - Like a barge is how i'd describe it. Power? Hardly any, and brakes, well, let's not go there lol.

Can't really say anything good about it except that they did make an estate version (although VERY rare!) so if anyone wanted to drag a load of kit up the motorway, the extra grunt of the 170 motor helped compared to lesser models :)

Just to join in on the ST170 discussion (can't speak for the FRP as i've never driven one, although i'd expect it to be a better handling package simply becasue of the massively wide track and firmer setup) -

My brother bought an ST170 brand new in 2003 - only did 6000 miles in it and part ex'd it 8 months later for a Civic Type-R (MUCH better car in EVERY department) and lost £8000 in that 8 months! As for the handling - simply shocking - Like a barge is how i'd describe it. Power? Hardly any, and brakes, well, let's not go there lol.

Can't really say anything good about it except that they did make an estate version (although VERY rare!) so if anyone wanted to drag a load of kit up the motorway, the extra grunt of the 170 motor helped compared to lesser models :)

I aint driven a ST170...but I am surprised if the above is true...quite shocking...I actually like the way the ST170 in grey looks, real sleeper...but not if it still sleeps when you drive it! :lol: shame that...guess with RS coming out they didnt wana make it too good??

FRP awesome fun to drive...rev hungry twitchy fun! :lol: just as Tiff describes it on test, like driving a car on a Xbox or PS3...constant adjustments, but thats what makes it SO much fun! :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club