Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear discs

bluepeter

.Hi All

My daily commute to/from work consists of just over 20 miles a day with speed limits from 20 - 70mph. Passing through 36 enforcement cameras each day.

So as you can either imagine (or have come across yourselves) there are those drivers who speed up to enforcement cameras, then brake heavy to avoid any penalty actions.

Also do a fair amount of round town driving during weekends, shopping etc.

Dave

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Do you do a lot of town driving and rarely use the brakes hard?  Or leave the car standing for days at a time?

Discs get corroded pretty quickly when they're not used regularly but will last ages on a daily high miler.

Fronts maybe but rears? 

This is a known concern with the Edge. 

The service department will be able to find a note in circulation from Ford that the rear discs can be replaced FOC due to scoring marks but the pads won’t be covered. Obviously dependent on mileage. Mine were changed at approx 5500 miles on my first Edge. 

5 hours ago, kelvin1950 said:

Fronts maybe but rears? 

Rears more than fronts.  They barely do any braking as all the weight is at the front.   On short trip, town cars they can go for days without wiping the disc clean at all.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club