Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seatbelt and door sensor

baganails

I've got a couple of problems with my Fusion and was hoping someone could help.

The drivers side seatbelt is starting to fray and I was thinking of changing it for one in better condition. Is this a difficult job and what tools are needed? I've seen used seatbelts on eBay for about £25 from breakers yards, as long as the scrapped car hasn't been in a smash should these be ok?

The second problem is the sensor on the driver's side front door is playing up. Sometimes the dash warning light and interior light stay on when the door is closed. I've looked but can't find the door sensor, where is it please?

• Like 1

We have the same problem with our door sensor.

• Like 1

door sensor is built into the main door latch & yes as long as car has not been in a smash a 2nd hand seat belt should be fine it's not a very difficult job easy diy(socket set,screw drivers) is all you should need   

• Like 1

On 06/04/2017 at 8:04 PM, leesid said:

door sensor is built into the main door latch & yes as long as car has not been in a smash a 2nd hand seat belt should be fine it's not a very difficult job easy diy(socket set,screw drivers) is all you should need   

Thanks. I've had a quick look and it looks like I'll need to buy some torx bits for the seatbelt.

• 6 months later...

I've had the door sensor problem and usually a good spray in the lock mechanism of brake cleaning fluid followed by WD 40 helps. If it doesn't then one must change the whole door latch OR brake the wires and plug some custom made electronic stuff to fake closed door always (it's what I did BUT never short circuit the wires because it's dangerous :)). The plug for the door ajar sensor is at the bottom of the door latch.

• 4 years later...

I have had the same issue with my 2010 Ford Fusion uk model also it wouldn’t lock because of this I took the door card off then I was greeted by another inner door card witch I couldn’t remove unless I took the glass out of the door so instead I cut a hole in this door card by the lock big enough to fit my hand in and a hook tool to pull the connector off of the door latch when you have to plug if you test the ports together like I did I found that port 4 and 5 made the connection to say the doors was closed I then scotch lock connected those 2 wires together to make a permanent connection  I have now resolved my issues with the locks I had to do this on 3 of the 4 doors so if you can’t afford hundreds of pounds to have it fixed I have found this is a much cheaper and easier way to fix the issue weather it be temporary or permanent I got the scotch locks off of amazon for around £7 for 65 of them and I had to buy a SDS multi cutting tool from tool station for £40 I hope this helps 

Hello @Brett robertson, I'm sure that will be of help to @baganails (they last visited the forum 25th November 2018) who has only been waiting since April 2017 for an answer to their problem. 🤔