Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Mondeo ST Line X

Kylinski

Hi all

Im due to collect my new Mondeo ST line X soon. 

Shadow Black

210 power shift auto

Adaptive headlights

Rear spoiler

19" alloys 

Privacy glass

I currently have a Mondeo Titanium courtesy car which I'm impressed with.

Anyway, I'm confused about the trim levels between the ST and the ST X and Titanium  

The ST gets alloy foot pedals, the ST X gets alloy/rubber pedal covers? Eh? 

I couldn't have full leather as that's part of the Titanium X PAC 

I've also realised that the ST X has the Sony DAB as an option and not standard  

I thought the ST line and ST line X is a higher spec than the Titanium X ? 

I thought it went - Style, Zetec  Titanium, Titanium X, ST Line, ST Line X, Vignale? 

Very confusing!! 

Looking forward to collecting new car. Previous car was an Edge Titanium. 

Should have checked before I told you to come over to the mondeo page lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the alloy/rubber pedals means the pedals are alloy with rubber inserts for grips, probably little 'blobs' of rubber.

I don't know about the spec hierarchy unfortunately, I thought it was what you said but now I'm thinking that the st line may overlap with the tit x and then the st line X sits between tit X and Vignale. I could be making that up though!

You will probably get the sync3 then will you?

• Like 1

Ford used to overlap the sport and more luxury trims. guess they are doing this again.

Within the Ford product range the ST-line trim level is positioned between the Zetec and Titanium trim levels.

Style

Zetec  

ST Line

ST Line X

Titanium

Titanium X

Vignale

The ST-line trim level is basically based on the Zetec trim level. Because of this some of the options and features that are available on the Titanium/Titanium X versions are not available on the ST-line/ST/line X versions.

1 hour ago, JW1982 said:

Within the Ford product range the ST-line trim level is positioned between the Zetec and Titanium trim levels.

Style

Zetec  

ST Line

ST Line X

Titanium

Titanium X

Vignale

The ST-line trim level is basically based on the Zetec trim level. Because of this some of the options and features that are available on the Titanium/Titanium X versions are not available on the ST-line/ST/line X versions.

Bugger!! 

Pays to research. If I'd have known this I would have opted for the Titanium X with body kit. 

Another thing I noticed too. The ST gets analogue/needle clocks, where as the Titanium is digital/LCD. 

I'm looking at the "Build your Ford" site and apparently I can't have adaptive headlights with the ST Line, only available as part of the Titanium 

This was an option I specifically asked for. 

The salesman has added the option to my ST. (And I've paid for this option)

I'll be interested to see if it arrives with sedd option. . . . 

I wonder if the ST Line will be getting replaced by a tit x sport with body kit [emoji87]

I wouldn't have thought so, the ST line has recently been launched. 

Knowing what I know now however, I would have gone for the tit x with body kit. ( I have one as a courtesy car). 

It has a higher spec. 

Bit mis leading by Ford to display the ST between Tit X and Vignale. 

I wouldn't have thought so, the ST line has recently been launched. 
Knowing what I know now however, I would have gone for the tit x with body kit. ( I have one as a courtesy car). 
It has a higher spec. 
Bit mis leading by Ford to display the ST between Tit X and Vignale. 

I meant your ST Line may get replaced by a tit x with bodykit if the headlights are not as advertised

I've spent a few hours reading up on Mondeo spec/trim levels and it would definitely appear that the Tit X and ST Line X have LED adaptive headlights as standard. 

Which is good news, except I've been charged extra for this option!! 

You'd think a dealership principal at Ford would know what the trim levels are?? Jeez! 

I'm beginning to suspect the salesman has built me a ST with options instead of ordering me a ST X

What does your order say?

I've spent a few hours reading up on Mondeo spec/trim levels and it would definitely appear that the Tit X and ST Line X have LED adaptive headlights as standard. 

Not according to the current price list. The X -pack (which includes adaptive headlights) is ONLY available on the Titanium. Adaptive headlights are available on the ST-Line X at £900.

4 hours ago, ianincheshire said:

Not according to the current price list. The X -pack (which includes adaptive headlights) is ONLY available on the Titanium. Adaptive headlights are available on the ST-Line X at £900.

Well, I've been on that Ford site where you put your VIN number in, and it lists what your car is equipped with. 

I do have adaptive headlights 

according to this dealer and I've e mailed to confirm. 

Adaptive headlights are standard on the ST X but at a cost of £900 on the ST. 

https://www.bristolstreet.co.uk/new-car-deals/ford/mondeo/st-line-x/226665/ford-mondeo-2-0-tdci-210-st-line-x-5dr-powershift-diesel-hatchback/

As far as I'm concerned, I ordered a ST X and have been charged for the adaptive headlights. 

On 14/04/2017 at 2:17 AM, Jonro2009 said:

What does your order say?

I don't have an order number. The print I have does not list adaptive headlights though I've been on the Ford Etis (?) site and the car has adaptive headlights 😀

My point is, some Ford dealerships are listing adaptive headlights as standard on the ST X. 

I have been charged at my dealership 🙁

• Like 1

On 14/04/2017 at 1:48 PM, ianincheshire said:

Mmmm! I've just had a look. 

Not sure what "O2" (small 2) means for options??? 

It means 'Optional, see note 2' 

which says

2 To order LED headlights on ST-Line & ST-Line X please select "BSKIT for LED Headlights"

On 4/17/2017 at 8:33 AM, ianincheshire said:

It means 'Optional, see note 2' 

which says

It actually says 

2 To order LED headlights on ST-Line please select "BSKIT for LED Headlights"

It doesn't mention the ST Line X

Which to me, means they are standard 😀

The price list I'm looking at ( Effective 3 April 2017 downloaded from the ford.co.uk website ) definitely says '2 To order LED headlights on ST-Line & ST-Line X please select "BSKIT for LED Headlights"'

What version are you looking at ? maybe on an earlier one it WAS standard on the ST-Line-X

1 hour ago, ianincheshire said:

The price list I'm looking at ( Effective 3 April 2017 downloaded from the ford.co.uk website ) definitely says '2 To order LED headlights on ST-Line & ST-Line X please select "BSKIT for LED Headlights"'

What version are you looking at ? maybe on an earlier one it WAS standard on the ST-Line-X

Yep, you're correct to the latest price list (just had a look), however, my car was already built with adaptive headlights when purchased on 31st March. 

There for, I should not be charged as per price list prior to 3rd April.  

I rest my case . . . 😀

It's confusing isn't it!. When did the ST-Line X appear in the pricelist ?

It's not mentioned at all in the Sept 16 version, but appears in the April 2017 , was there another version in between that introduced it ?

10 hours ago, ianincheshire said:

It's confusing isn't it!. When did the ST-Line X appear in the pricelist ?

It's not mentioned at all in the Sept 16 version, but appears in the April 2017 , was there another version in between that introduced it ?

I don't know. Ford appear to be making it up as they go along. 

Seems logical to me though that if the Titanium X (PAC) gets LED adaptives, then so should the ST Line X (PAC). 

Simples! 

Another thing, I was mislead to believe that the ST Line was a higher spec than the Titanium. 

Knowing this I would have opted for the Titanium X with body, rear spoiler and 19" wheels. Grrrrr! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club