Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locking

lucas1787

I have searched the forum for this and although people have had a simlar problem,hardly anyone actualy comes back and says what the problem was. So, recently my focus central locking has started to mess around.It will lock/unlock ok, but once unlocked,after about a min or so the you can hear the central locking working again(seems to be trying to unlock again). Has anyone had or know the problem to this.I did try and reprogram it the other day,but for some reason once in the program mode it wouldnt pick up me pressing the key fob. Any help please !!!. Thanks <_<

I have searched the forum for this and although people have had a simlar problem,hardly anyone actualy comes back and says what the problem was. So, recently my focus central locking has started to mess around.It will lock/unlock ok, but once unlocked,after about a min or so the you can hear the central locking working again(seems to be trying to unlock again). Has anyone had or know the problem to this.I did try and reprogram it the other day,but for some reason once in the program mode it wouldnt pick up me pressing the key fob. Any help please !!!. Thanks <_<

If you leave for sixty seconds without opening any doors/boot, the car automatically locks itself.

Is this what you are referring to?

If you leave for sixty seconds without opening any doors/boot, the car automatically locks itself.

I think depending on the focus you have it can be 45 seconds (for mine which is a 55 zetec climate, its 45 seconds) but by the sounds of it it is unlocking after relocking?

If thats the case, it could be you need to reset it by disconnecting the battery, manually lock the driver door with the key, manually unlock the door with the key, manually relock the door with the key, and then reconnect the battery (in total leave the battery dc'd for about 90 seconds). I heard that from a mechanic, apparently it works on some problems, as it just resets the central locking.

I think depending on the focus you have it can be 45 seconds (for mine which is a 55 zetec climate, its 45 seconds) but by the sounds of it it is unlocking after relocking?

If thats the case, it could be you need to reset it by disconnecting the battery, manually lock the driver door with the key, manually unlock the door with the key, manually relock the door with the key, and then reconnect the battery (in total leave the battery dc'd for about 90 seconds). I heard that from a mechanic, apparently it works on some problems, as it just resets the central locking.

Hasnt got the self locking on it. If I push the button once, it will unlock the drivers door only,if I dont push it again, after a while it will then unlock all doors without me touching it, this happeans even if I have pushed it twice to undo all the doors.I know it shouldnt happean,as I have had the car for 6yrs now.I think I will do as you have suggested and disconnect the battery for a while to attempt to reset the system.I wont do it untill next week though,I will post back to let you know.Thanks again

Hasnt got the self locking on it. If I push the button once, it will unlock the drivers door only,if I dont push it again, after a while it will then unlock all doors without me touching it, this happeans even if I have pushed it twice to undo all the doors.I know it shouldnt happean,as I have had the car for 6yrs now.I think I will do as you have suggested and disconnect the battery for a while to attempt to reset the system.I wont do it untill next week though,I will post back to let you know.Thanks again

before doing that try this open the drivers door and down the side you will see 3 hex screws the very bottom one closest the inside remove this now get some wd40 with the straw on it and angle it slightly downwards and spray now try youre doors if it still does the same do this to all fron t doors.

theres a little seal inside just below that screw i mentioned that is meant to keep water out of the lock sometimes it doesnt work and with this weather the solenoid underneath sticks so when you lock the car it tries but because its a bit wet and iced up in there it cant so it opens the door back up i done this to mine and ive had no trouble since

before doing that try this open the drivers door and down the side you will see 3 hex screws the very bottom one closest the inside remove this now get some wd40 with the straw on it and angle it slightly downwards and spray now try youre doors if it still does the same do this to all fron t doors.

theres a little seal inside just below that screw i mentioned that is meant to keep water out of the lock sometimes it doesnt work and with this weather the solenoid underneath sticks so when you lock the car it tries but because its a bit wet and iced up in there it cant so it opens the door back up i done this to mine and ive had no trouble since

I will give it a go, thank you.

Any joy with this problem?

I havant had the chance to look yet,been at work all work,so time I get home its been too dark and too late.I will hopefully have a look over the weekend,but I have a knocking from the N.S to sort first.The joys of motoring!!

I havant had the chance to look yet,been at work all work,so time I get home its been too dark and too late.I will hopefully have a look over the weekend,but I have a knocking from the N.S to sort first.The joys of motoring!!

I have started to have the same problem with my 1999 Focus 1.6. I lock the car and leave it. Come back and find it unlocked. Even while I was driving it locked all the doors spontaneously.

Another weird thing is the mileage keeps resetting itself to zero every now and again.