Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm thinking about getting a zetec

marky-marque

Hi I currently have a 2007 white 207 gt turbo 1.6 150bhp, which I paid £8850 in may this year it has lots of gadgets, folding mirrors, dual climate control, full leather, auto wipes & lights etc, the car looks great, the only thing is the build quality doesn’t seem that good, the engine sounds like a tractor on a cold start, pug say this is normal but it really don’t sound normal to me and on the 207 forum so many people have complaints about the engines and faults etc and plus the 26mpg I get driving 2 mile trips to work and back. At the end of march the 3 years warranty finishes so I’m seriously thinking of changing it for a zetec s in white, I've seen one at my local ford 09 plate 18,000 miles for £10,999 which seems quite cheap. I only do 6,000 miles a year which would balance the high mileage out. Do you get many problems with the zetec s and are they solid and well built and whats the best packs to look out for

Thanks

Mark

Had mine couple weeks now and not had any problems (touch wood)

In terms of build quality I think they are really solid cars, nice to drive and feels sturdy, I recommend a test drive!

Hi I currently have a 2007 white 207 gt turbo 1.6 150bhp, which I paid £8850 in may this year it has lots of gadgets, folding mirrors, dual climate control, full leather, auto wipes & lights etc, the car looks great, the only thing is the build quality doesn’t seem that good, the engine sounds like a tractor on a cold start, pug say this is normal but it really don’t sound normal to me and on the 207 forum so many people have complaints about the engines and faults etc and plus the 26mpg I get driving 2 mile trips to work and back. At the end of march the 3 years warranty finishes so I’m seriously thinking of changing it for a zetec s in white, I've seen one at my local ford 09 plate 18,000 miles for £10,999 which seems quite cheap. I only do 6,000 miles a year which would balance the high mileage out. Do you get many problems with the zetec s and are they solid and well built and whats the best packs to look out for

Thanks

Mark

If it's lots of gadgets you're after then forget about the ZS and get a Titanium! The ZS has nothing over the Titanium, if you want the bodykit of the ZS then simply look for a Titanium with the bodykit :)

Loads more gear as standard and loads more options available!

titanium rule!!!...... oh dear its going to turn into another one of these threads again! lol

of course you could always be fly and become the only man on the forum with a "studio", I'm sure the rest would envy your uniqueness as if you were the first to own an rs/st !!!

Not too bothered about the gadjets although the the auto lights are good.

What you go and say that for!!

PIGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats a point! I think the lowest spec owner on here has a style+

I don't even have a style+...just a style for me lol. I test drove a zetec s but didn't have the cash :( and i don't like naff chrome bits plastered around the car on the zetec/titaniums so a style it was as i would have had to wait for a style+. It's typical that now i could afford to have one........but the urge to change cars for a third time this year isn't there lol.

Back to the op though your best bet is going down to your local dealer and having a test drive etc of one and also check out a titanium and see what you like best and most importantly what kind of deal you can get.

I know the Zetec S models are a much higher spec than the standard Zetecs, but if you are interested, I've done a personal review of my own 'standard' Zetec 1.4 HERE . There are quite a few photos etc to have a look at, as well as my own thoughts on the car, (for what they're worth!) :)

Hope it helps.

Sarc.

--------------------

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Colorado red, (3-door/petrol/manual transmission), QuickClear heated windscreen, bog-standard 15" alloys, chrome bits here there and everywhere, real spare wheel instead of the 'shaving foam' tyre repair kit which is normally supplied. (Would have also liked a built-in Jelly Baby dispenser, but sadly they haven't been invented yet). Ordered on 21st July. Build date: 5th September (Valencia). Delivery date: 29th Sept (2009)

If anyone is interested I've done my own, personal REVIEW of the car, which includes loads of photos etc. Please click the following banner:

minibanneranimated.gif

Hey there, I've got a 1.6 titanium zetec s 'lookalike' and its awesome. You'll definitely notice the power diference between your THP and the Fez, but if you can live with that I'm fairly sure that just about everything else about the Fez is better! I was looking at the 207 GTI 175 a while back but decided against it because of the manic depreciation, insurance and running costs. I've had mine for just over a month and 1400 miles now and it's been perfect, It's well equipped, rides well, has decent pace (will sort that out when I get the mountune upgrade), and best of all it looks great! The amount of people I catch staring at it and who come up and say how nice it is is astonishing!

As for milage I do a lot of urban driving and have seen an average of around 34-35mpg, whilst when I drove 250 miles up North and back on Monday I averaged 42mpg according to the computer and 41.6mpg by my own calculations.

The only negatives that I have found are the fact that some of the lower dashboard plastics aren't great, the fuel economy is not quite as good as Ford claim and that white is in fact a bugger to keep clean... basically I have to wash it at least once a week... its worth it though!

Hope this helps,

Andrew.