Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Android question on a few stuff.

jace1969

First is t.v,is there an App which you can watch t.v programs,just Freeview stuff not all sports etc just all free to air channels,cant get aerial to t.v

and tried indoor ones and they are just no good,wont be used a lot at all but got very good WiFi signal on tv. ( don't forget its the google play store on t.v)

Second..this is the phone,is there any good apps that work, reminder app where you set for tablets/appointments so it comes up on screen and a tone and does

the same every day for ever unless you change it.....Also one to stop the ring tone quiet at the start,tried a few but don't work.

It has the new Naugat firmware on the phone.

As a reminder just use the stock calendar.
Select Calender then click the plus sign. Name the event and set a time, then add a reminder 'at time' then select repeat and click daily and forever. Done.

Do you want the phone to ring loud from the beginning or the other way round? Either way there are two apps you can used.
'Disable Increasing Ring' and/or 'Increasing Ring'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

As a reminder just use the stock calendar.
Select Calender then click the plus sign. Name the event and set a time, then add a reminder 'at time' then select repeat and click daily and forever. Done.

Do you want the phone to ring loud from the beginning or the other way round? Either way there are two apps you can used.
'Disable Increasing Ring' and/or 'Increasing Ring'

Well if I could have the both it would be great like ring louder and not quiet first,I will try that app.

will this app do both.

The disable app will only override the low volume at the start of the ringtone

Do these use a lot in the background like battery etc,there are a nice few out there i can see.

There are a few that state 30% to 40% louder tones because mine which i put on is on full volume to ring.

All you can do is install one of them and run it, after a few hours check the battery in settings on your phone and it will tell you what is using the battery and how much.

Cheers will try that,so weird using iOS and android.

As for the reminders I had a quick look on the calendar which is on the phone but

i don't think  it gives you a full year or forever just....day/week/month and I think that's it.

I'm on nougat and it gives me the option of forever, I'll check again though.

I use android for my phone because its customisable and you can expand the memory, I also use my phone for emails too as it offers better options and easier when it's not just a simple one recipient email with no attachments. I use an iPad for Internet, Facebook and forums because it's crazy easy lol

Last summer I bought an Android Kodi box with Exodus TV installed on it.  It has every TV program and Movie on it you could possibly want for free.  Its class.  How legal this thing is I don't know.  

Tv catchup works well and is all freeview channels 

On 11/04/2017 at 11:38 AM, jace1969 said:

Second..this is the phone,is there any good apps that work, reminder app where you set for tablets/appointments so it comes up on screen and a tone and does

the same every day for ever unless you change it.....Also one to stop the ring tone quiet at the start,tried a few but don't work

I'm using Marshmallow, I think, and just use the alarm and set it to Repeat :wink:

EDIT: I'm on Lollipop. 

Screenshot_2017-04-12-22-22-55.png

• Like 1

I will look deeper into if you can set it Forever but as for the alarm its about at least 4 times a day forever and if say someone is

popping round ( i care for dad so this is why like appointments/nurses etc) it helps a lot.

As for Kodi that is on my T.V  ''Sony'' Android but movies/sport i don't need just you normal basic freeview setup but you also got to think

that it aint the same google play as on the phone/online as there is a lot of restrictions so TV catchup i aint tried yet but cant see it being there

as i have searched and tried a few that are for the phone and not there.

Ok tried everything and there is not one App on the sony/Android platform that will let you so my only way is the old firestick that i never use.

The reason for this is we have a good t.v in the living room that we don't use as we live upstairs which has all the stuff for the t.v (cable box and aerial) and

the t.v downstairs is to big so want to just to keep it up and running so to get Freeview on it as got Netflix through TV/WiFi as the router is in the same room but

no freeview as no aerial,why aint freeview allowed on Sony t.v's as its online and on our phones etc.

The ringtone thing i have tried 3 apps to make it louder as its a files off Zedge and it don't make it louder so looks like just a simple way,change the tone.

I think i have sorted the Reminder out as its just touch the callender and pick the time so think i have solved 1 of the 3.

On the Calender when I click 'repeat' this is the option screen I am presented with..... Screenshot_20170413-102641_zpstm0jqbsd.png is this what you get when you make a new appointment by clicking the 'plus' icon in Calender then 'repeat'

I can't help you with the tv situation, from what you are saying I gather you want an app that allows you to watch live tv on your phone, is that right? Just so I know what you are looking at doing please answer the following
1. Do you have working freeview on any tv in the house?
2. If yes then how do you get that to work and in what room?
3. Is the tv upstairs a 'smart tv' with built in freeview?
4. Is the tv upstairs connected to the router in the house?

Which tone from zedge are you trying to use? When you sample it on YouTube does it start low? If you use a 'built in' ringtone does the same thing happen?

The app I suggested, once you download it did you open it and activate it? You need to open it and check the settings are set to what you want to do.

7 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

On the Calender when I click 'repeat' this is the option screen I am presented with..... Screenshot_20170413-102641_zpstm0jqbsd.png is this what you get when you make a new appointment by clicking the 'plus' icon in Calender then 'repeat'

I can't help you with the tv situation, from what you are saying I gather you want an app that allows you to watch live tv on your phone, is that right? Just so I know what you are looking at doing please answer the following
1. Do you have working freeview on any tv in the house?
2. If yes then how do you get that to work and in what room?
3. Is the tv upstairs a 'smart tv' with built in freeview?
4. Is the tv upstairs connected to the router in the house?

Which tone from zedge are you trying to use? When you sample it on YouTube does it start low? If you use a 'built in' ringtone does the same thing happen?

The app I suggested, once you download it did you open it and activate it? You need to open it and check the settings are set to what you want to do.

The calender set up aint like that on mine,you press on the time in the month you want say 7 to  8 and it will turn blue then add the hour/day/week/month but no

year on it so i have put it onto day and done the repeat so then it says ''repeats daily'' which has worked today on 2 i have tried.

As for the freeview going back a few years we had a new aerial put up and it runs into one room upstairs and splits to come into the other as then have freeview

channels if say cable goes down,we have no wire at all going downstairs as it was all taken out to have less wires as everything now runs from upstairs,to run

a wire its from back room to front room which is either over roof or inside the house which i don't really want even more wires all over.

I mainly get tones from zedge and on iPhone 6s its loud and even turn it down from full but on this moto g5 its not as loud,not dead quiet but nothing like iPhone.

Just got MyDrive all set up working beside google photos and work great,so easy to upload stuff from p.c to phone and take

picture its on my p.c so all sorted,set up it on my Ipad google photos and uploaded 180 pics to my phone which is great but one thing.

Where are they stored all in the cloud through MyDrive as when i go onto the cloud through p.c there is no backup and the

internal memory on the phone has nothing there or on the s.d card but when i go to recent or onto the photo app on

the phone there all there,very confused on this.I go through Cloud by opening MyDrive on p.c and its on the left at the bottom and all

there,also if i click the photo one or the recent one there all there but it has 0kb of 15gb used.

The phone is the big thing as ok there photos made smaller to store but sure there taking some storage space.

Any help on this would be great as i have over 180 pics and nothing to show it has used any space on phone or s.d card.

jace can you access them off another device than the one you uploaded them from? When you say MyDrive, I assume Google Drive?

Photos do not count towards your storage space if you upload them in high quality - default ( google compresses them with some high quality compression) - if you upload them in original they do.

If you select Google Photos from the left column you should have photos there.

12 hours ago, Micro said:

jace can you access them off another device than the one you uploaded them from? When you say MyDrive, I assume Google Drive?

Photos do not count towards your storage space if you upload them in high quality - default ( google compresses them with some high quality compression) - if you upload them in original they do.

If you select Google Photos from the left column you should have photos there.

Glad you know about it as its confused me,i think i have sorted it by deleting my pics off my ipad on google photo app and then changed

it to the normal setting which is 15gb upto 2 years free and then uploaded the ones i wanted to keep as it only puts them into the Bin so

you can put them back and all great now,also turn Backup and sync on as it only does the picture side of stuff not phone stuff like apps etc.

There all in and working A1 and taking up space on the cloud which there is only 80 pictures.

You have been a great help as i know a lot on here are on Android and i aint been on this system for years,just 1 other thing to sort and done.

Putting contacts from phone to sim through the new Nougat thing as it aint there,hope they aint gone down the iPhone root and only stores to

phone which is a pain then.

Thanks to all for the help on this Google drive thing and backup and sync.

So no way to send phone contacts from phone to sim on Nougat system just a Vcard to save and transfer on p.c,option not there on phone.

Thanks to all for the help on this Google drive thing and backup and sync.
So no way to send phone contacts from phone to sim on Nougat system just a Vcard to save and transfer on p.c,option not there on phone.

I don't save my contacts on my phone, they're synced with Google. Same with apps, your phone can sync the apps with Google so that it will reinstall them if you reinstall your phone (their data you will need to backup your self).

As for backing up everything else except photos, you can select other folders for photo backup, and save stuff to drive that aren't photos. Your Google drive space is shared between Google apps so Gmail, Docs etc all count towards your 15gb or so.

You're not using Dropbox are you? Google's space is free forever not just two years?

On 20/04/2017 at 11:57 AM, Micro said:

I don't save my contacts on my phone, they're synced with Google. Same with apps, your phone can sync the apps with Google so that it will reinstall them if you reinstall your phone (their data you will need to backup your self).

As for backing up everything else except photos, you can select other folders for photo backup, and save stuff to drive that aren't photos. Your Google drive space is shared between Google apps so Gmail, Docs etc all count towards your 15gb or so.

You're not using Dropbox are you? Google's space is free forever not just two years?

No im not using Dropbox,i say the 2 years as if you choose the normal size/quality image which is still 15gb it has some writing under it 'free for upto 2 years'

but i picked the first one which compresses the files and just says free forever.

iPhone never saves contacts to sim only phone so this was my problem so had to get a App to transfer them to sim when i put them in,i also have sync with google.

Turned auto sync off as then i can just tap the photo i want to save.

I have joined a Moto g forum as all other things seems to be sorted apart from one,when i take a picture it saves to s.d card that is set to do but still saves to phone

so it still goes onto my phone memory which i didn't want also if i delete from phone memory it goes from s.d card,weird thing but all the others are done.

Just sent a e-mail direct to the Motorola uk people to see if they can solve this problem with the s.d card as the pictures saves to internal

and s.d card and set the pics to save to s.d card,formatted card in phone for portable memory use,this is the same when you delete from either it

cleared the 2 lots (delete from internal and s.d card pic goes).

How do you know it is saving to both internal and external memory?

What happens if you remove the memory card? Do you still see the photos on the phone?

If you use a card reader can you see the photos on a laptop?

How have you set up your memory card, is it set up as internal/adopted storage or external storage?

On 23/04/2017 at 11:43 PM, Jonro2009 said:

How do you know it is saving to both internal and external memory?

What happens if you remove the memory card? Do you still see the photos on the phone?

If you use a card reader can you see the photos on a laptop?

How have you set up your memory card, is it set up as internal/adopted storage or external storage?

If i go to setting then storage/device storage and then you have 2 options (internal shared memory and sd card )

click on internal and images and there in there and can click and view them,go to sd card press DCIM/camera and there in there.

Delete either and there all gone which i think is how it works on android anyway but going to try as you said to remove the card.

Not tried the card in a card reader which i will and yes it was formatted in phone for portable memory which is external memory.