ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:42 PM

economy is dependant on so many things you may have n area with more hills so youll use more fuel you may use more electrics etc and then theres the price of the fuel how many litres does that 20 quid get you 1 gallon is equal to 4.55 litres so if i put 20 quid in at 1.06.9 a litre =18.7 litres divided by 4.55 is 4.1 gallons at 36mpg i should get 147.6miles total so depends on youre mpg even at 39mpg it would be 159.9 miles to get 200 miles youre mpg would need to be 49mpg and only the diesel will see those figures so youre fuel is right however if they had a fiver of fuel still in the tank and filled up they would have increased there miles at 39 mpg to 179.6 taking the reserve tank into account

round by me at the local bp its around the 1 2p mark going of what you say the fuel gage must be wrong because im not taking the mick out of you guys but it does say 190-200 miles it MUST have more petrol in the tank than what it is reading on the fuel gage to allow me to get this range if what your saying is correct. Most of my miles are commuter ones with only one hill to take into account rarley stopping for traffic lights etc and most of the time the car is in 5th gear crusing or 2nd under around 60-80% throttle (speed demon driver).
My mums r-reg mondeo had a sticking fuel gage doubt my car will also have this being an 04 plate focus *touch wood*

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 DAM13N

DAM13N

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec
Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:43 PM

is it a cv boot??? i had a service at garage in september n i felt the back of a "plate" on the rear wheel passenger and i felt small vibrations went to the other side and there was no vibrations, he did tell me said would be about 40 quid to replace.. can not for the life of me remember what it was.... think it was a cv boot????

#18 DAM13N

DAM13N

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:49 PM

Artscot reference that Heat shield... would i need a standard size heat shield for the K&N Induction?

Cheers

#19 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:57 PM

cheers mate was just going to go onto demon tweaks really appreciate that nice one

when you fit the cone its basically left loose with nowt to support it on my mates i got an l shaped bracket and fitted it onto the inner arch with 2 self tappers then you can nip a cable tie round the cone and through the bracket to keep it in place standard size is all you need

#20 DAM13N

DAM13N

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:05 PM

Thanks Folks really appreciate your advice... all taken into consideration....

Cheers

Damien

#21 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:08 PM

round by me at the local bp its around the 1 2p mark going of what you say the fuel gage must be wrong because im not taking the mick out of you guys but it does say 190-200 miles it MUST have more petrol in the tank than what it is reading on the fuel gage to allow me to get this range if what your saying is correct. Most of my miles are commuter ones with only one hill to take into account rarley stopping for traffic lights etc and most of the time the car is in 5th gear crusing or 2nd under around 60-80% throttle (speed demon driver).
My mums r-reg mondeo had a sticking fuel gage doubt my car will also have this being an 04 plate focus *touch wood*

those are the correct numbers for working out mpg so i cant say mate only that based on the figures theres either more fuel in the tank or the computers a bit optimistic

#22 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:20 PM

those are the correct numbers for working out mpg so i cant say mate only that based on the figures theres either more fuel in the tank or the computers a bit optimistic

Hopefully theres more fuel in the tank than the gague is telling me dont mind it under-reading abit its just playing in my mind now going to brim it and set the trip and see how much i get out of it driving normally and then like a mad man hopefully it wont be to far out

Mike

#23 DAM13N

DAM13N

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:44 PM

CV boot in the rear???!!! :blink:

Its called a Bearing i think it is????? its just come to me.. was bugging me to be honest... would you go for a genuine ford bearing or would it not matter, its on the rear passenger side??

Cheers Damien

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users