Do Not Sell My Personal Information

stereo

artscot79

okay guys maybe im missing summat here ive hooked up a new cd player aftermarket one as mine had a tape deck i used the ford iso connector (this one has 1 red 1 yellow wire all others ive had used a red and yellow combined in 1 pin hole with a seperate yellow in another) and connected it all up now the memory is fine i get all the radio stations kept when cars off however with the car off and no key in the i gnition it wont power on yet if i put the key in the ignition and turn 1 click i get power to the cd player im used to getting power all the time wether the keys in or not on my old cars is this correct

hi mate from what i know yes thhis is normal.... i had the tape deck in mine and refering to my dads T plate mondeo and his new one, when you press power on it comes up with "1 hour".... so the radio will only stay on for 1 hour believe it or not... lolhaha.. when a after market is installed it doesnt.. have no idea why... so to set ur mind at rest it is normal....

however im sure you can wire you after market cd straight up to ur battery and it should come on with no key... i could be wrong mate... im no expert..

hope it helps

Damien

hi mate from what i know yes thhis is normal.... i had the tape deck in mine and refering to my dads T plate mondeo and his new one, when you press power on it comes up with "1 hour".... so the radio will only stay on for 1 hour believe it or not... lolhaha.. when a after market is installed it doesnt.. have no idea why... so to set ur mind at rest it is normal....

however im sure you can wire you after market cd straight up to ur battery and it should come on with no key... i could be wrong mate... im no expert..

hope it helps

Damien

its cool im happy with it just wasnt sure my old tape deck done the 1 hour thing too if i turn the key 1 click in the ignition nothing else comes on just power to the cd player so i can do that.

iso connectors ive used in other cars had a red and yellow combined and a seperate yellow somehow this connects it to the battery when the ignitions off i could bridge wires but to be honest art least this way i cant forget to switch it off anmd drain the battery

whoaaa matey now your talking technical yellow wire this and that... lol yeh its normal. just asked my mate on it and hes got a 52 plate diesal Ghia With a RDS 6000E or he had it in there and it did the same thing.... yeh i tell ya i wouldnt want to get out to my car and find the batts gone and im running late for work.... worst thing that is, specialy now its icy n cold... lol

whoaaa matey now your talking technical yellow wire this and that... lol yeh its normal. just asked my mate on it and hes got a 52 plate diesal Ghia With a RDS 6000E or he had it in there and it did the same thing.... yeh i tell ya i wouldnt want to get out to my car and find the batts gone and im running late for work.... worst thing that is, specialy now its icy n cold... lol

as technical as i can be on these matters its better than the thingy mi bobbgy wi the whatsitsnots that might be yellow or green lol

as technical as i can be on these matters its better than the thingy mi bobbgy wi the whatsitsnots that might be yellow or green lol

very true.. ha ha all over my head thou

sorted mondeos have the sdame issue you need to cut the ignition wire on the iso plug and connect it to the permenant live most iso plugs come with this fitted but fords dont as the 1 hour auto switch off will not function so yiou could drain the battery so for anyone who wants to do it its simple

its cool im happy with it just wasnt sure my old tape deck done the 1 hour thing too if i turn the key 1 click in the ignition nothing else comes on just power to the cd player so i can do that.

iso connectors ive used in other cars had a red and yellow combined and a seperate yellow somehow this connects it to the battery when the ignitions off i could bridge wires but to be honest art least this way i cant forget to switch it off anmd drain the battery

does sound like the constant and ignition switched 12volts are wrong way round...but if that was true you would lose the radio tuned stations.

They are yellow and red on ISOs :)

need multimeter to check which with each vehicle, I have even known them to be different colours on same models!

does sound like the constant and ignition switched 12volts are wrong way round...but if that was true you would lose the radio tuned stations.

They are yellow and red on ISOs :)

need multimeter to check which with each vehicle, I have even known them to be different colours on same models!

the yellow is battery constant and red is ignition switched but on the focus iso this wont alklow it to work unless its got the key in the ignition the mondeos are the same ive swapped the wires and you loose the memory so i know they are correct a lot of iso the red wire will have a yellow wire joined to it with a bullet connector that is then connected to the yellow battery constant for it to work with the ignition off

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club