Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus st footwell led replacement

james_60

Hello :-)

Is there a way of replacing the cheap looking red led's that are in my front footwells.

see pics

Jamie

p.s my pics always show on here as being sideways. but they were taken normally lol

2017-04-12 17.30.33.jpg

2017-04-12 17.30.31.jpg

2017-04-12 17.30.22.jpg

2017-04-12 17.30.18.jpg

2017-04-12 17.30.12.jpg

2017-04-12 17.30.12.jpg

2017-04-12 17.28.50.jpg

They're SMD so would have to be re soldered. Easier to wire in your own, imo.

ok, So you stuck with them yourself ?

is there anything that just plugs in 

I converted the original red footwell lights to ice-blue. To obtain exactly the same color as the illumination of the instrument cluster, radio and switches I used the original ice-blue SMD LED's from a spare radio control panel I had.

When changing the SMD LED's you have to be aware that the original red SMD LED's have 4 connection tabs. 3 of these tabs are positive and 1 tab is negative. Most common SMD LED's with 4 connection tabs have 2 positive and 2 negative tabs. When changing the SMD LED's it can be necessary to modify the circuit board in order to avoid short circuits. 

Just now, JW1982 said:

I converted the original red footwell lights to ice-blue. To obtain exactly the same color as the illumination of the instrument cluster, radio and switches I used the original ice-blue SMD LED's from a spare radio control panel I had.

When changing the SMD LED's you have to be aware that the original red SMD LED's have 4 connection tabs. 3 of these tabs are positive and 1 tab is negative. Most common SMD LED's with 4 connection tabs have 2 positive and 2 negative tabs. When changing the SMD LED's it can be necessary to modify the circuit board in order to avoid short circuits. 

ahhh ok :-)

Thankyou :-)

Thankyou Alex

• 3 years later...
On 4/12/2017 at 6:31 PM, james_60 said:

ahhh ok 🙂

Thankyou 🙂

Thankyou Alex

What did you end up doing Alex, I am unimpressed at how dim these red lights are!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club