Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello From an Old Ford guy with a New Toy

Merkur XR4ti

Hello to you guy's ;)

I thought that I shoud join a new sort of forum and have a chat with other FORD petrol heads.

I have owned loads of Old Ford's and new one's too, but always go back to the past :rolleyes: it is where my heart is :P so sorry if I !Removed! anyone off but hey ho thats life :rolleyes:

I have anumber of cars bbut my new toy is a MERKUR XR4ti and for all the guy's that dont know what it is :P it is a American Sierra XR4 but with a 2.3 Turbo sohc pinto motor that was only buit for the USA and CANADA. saying that there was a few that satyed in GERMANY where they where built by KARMAN. They were NOT an official FORD but sold by LINCOLN MERCURY Dealers for the price close to $19,000.00 back in 1986 :o

The car was a lot different the our XR4i, as the hole chassis is a lot better and a hole lot stiffer too.

there was loads of options too like heated seats, air con, electric windows, heated electric mirrors, power stearing, centrol locking, sunroof and evern cruise control and leather seat too. Most cars came with it all but the leather seat :huh: dont figger hey.

If anyone has any information about the Merkur XR4ti please call email or pm me. thanks PaulW

merkurxr4tiderby012.jpg

mercur23XR4timotorwebpic600x450.jpg

MERKURXR4Tirearwebpic598x348.jpg

I need that car NOW.

Mate of mine has an XR4i and another has a TurboTechnics XR4X4, they are good fun, but i bet a TI is awesome

• 8 months later...