Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium 09 Mk 2 or 2.5 Redundant wires

k_j_jacobs

Hi is anyone ofay with the wiring of the titanium mk 2, namely at the back of the centre console

I was Removing the centre console to swap out my old Sony Radio and i came accross two redundant wires that go into a blank, next to the heated front and rear windscreens

does anyone know what these are for? I would like to punch one of these blanks out to make way for a usb port and auxilliary scoket so i can plug my phone into the new system

cant find anything on the wiring diagrams or my haynes.

The colours are. (LGY) Light Green with Yellow Chaser and (BR) Black with Red Chaser and join into a red plug that is not connected to anything

CentreConsol.jpg

Esp switch connector as far as I recall.

i wonder why its blanked off... thought titaniums had ALL the features

1 hour ago, k_j_jacobs said:

... thought titaniums had ALL the features

Sadly not. I've no bluetooth or usb or dash power socket or leather seats or ...lots

The TitX has more but even then, not 'The Full Monty' as I understand it.

As a matter of interest, why have an ESP off button?

no ive not got bluetooth either hence why ive upgrading my headunit to

Kenwood DMX 7017DABS

just looking for a nice USB fitting so i can plug my phone into

plus steering stalk leads

2 hours ago, k_j_jacobs said:

i wonder why its blanked off... thought titaniums had ALL the features

my 2010 had ESP controlled via the menu on the dashboard LCD screen - also doesn't look like your one has heated seats which mine did have (thought these we standard on the Titanium Mk2.5 but not on the Mk3/Mk3.5)

Might be worth putting your reg no into Ford ETIS and see what it says about the car - if you want the reg from my 2010 car to compare I can PM it to you

The wires on the picture are for the optional passenger airbag deactivation warning light. 

The optional passenger airbag deactivation system consists of a keyswitch inside the glove box and the warning light. 

yeah i can turn mine off at the central menu computer. wonder why they left it perhaps they just used all the looms for the same cars

no heated seats in my car. i used Ford Etis great tool that. when i first bought this car i was finding easter eggs for months...

JW1982 - I was close then!

As for why you would want to disable ESP:

ESP works by detecting individual wheels speeds, rotation of the vehicle, and direction you are steering. If it detects you are spinning an individual wheel, not travelling in the direction of steer, etc, it will attempt to correct that by braking certain wheels and reducing engine power.

On certain road surfaces, ice, snow and mud for example, you may not want the car to compensate for you, and therefore you turn it off to ensure you have full engine power to the driving wheels at all times. It turns itself back on automatically when you cycle the ignition.

I took part in a skidpan course in a Focus mk2.5 with the ESP and ABS turned off at points, it was most enjoyable on the closed circuit!