Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Multimedia Units for Focus

k_j_jacobs

Just now, k_j_jacobs said:

it does dim albeit not that well by pressing the dim button... but this defeats the object of being hands free and fully automated.

i will try to find which relay that forum picture refers too

im not sure you would need a relay ?

well that diagram is telling me to connect to bat pos?

3 minutes ago, k_j_jacobs said:

it does dim albeit not that well by pressing the dim button... but this defeats the object of being hands free and fully automated.

i will try to find which relay that forum picture refers too

looking at the relay it looks like it would just shut the light of relays switch on and off

any ideas which one it is?

the xtrons unit installed is fantastic.. plug and indeed play its just tweeking the finer details there were about 4 wires not in a loom that i just left...

looks like i need to solder these in to illuminate the buttons on the unit.. 

any ideas which one it is?

the xtrons unit installed is fantastic.. plug and indeed play its just tweeking the finer details there were about 4 wires not in a loom that i just left...

looks like i need to solder these in to illuminate the buttons on the unit.. 

which one what is ?

it says 30amp 4 pin always open relay .but to me that would just shut the light of not dimm it . i looked at the instructions and it doesnt mention it dimming through the car only the unit

lights off even better...

are my lights governed by canbus?

1 minute ago, k_j_jacobs said:

lights off even better...

are my lights governed by canbus?

id think most of the car is cambus .but im no expert

then you wouldnt see anything

yes... i do need to wire up those wires if according to that post

but which relay are they refering too? that is the question

go into maplin and ask for a 30amp 4 pin always open relay .

oh.. this is getting beyond technical now.. i thought i could just plug n play everything worked... even my steering wheel stalk

now u think i got to start wiring up my own electronics?

14 hours ago, k_j_jacobs said:

oh.. this is getting beyond technical now.. i thought i could just plug n play everything worked... even my steering wheel stalk

now u think i got to start wiring up my own electronics?

i dont think anything mate. with that unit i dont think it will dimm with the car control .it say to use button 6 and slide to dimm

i dont think a relay will make it dimm as relays are on or off

1 hour ago, mrmetallica said:

i dont think anything mate. with that unit i dont think it will dimm with the car control .it say to use button 6 and slide to dimm

i dont think a relay will make it dimm as relays are on or off

There are auto dimming relays available which reduce power by 50% there mainly designed for DRL's but I've used them in a few applications Guide to Fitting Auto Dimmer Unit to Gauges or DRL's Click Here 

All said though; I can't imagine a relay being able to control the backlight of the screen when it's not been built in as part of the main motherboard, most units have an interior light sensor feed built in which automatically dims the screen when parking lights have been activated, personally id sell the P.O.S and go for a Pioneer unit here's some other guides in not sure if I've linked them before which may help in the future.

There's an old saying: "why have a dog when you still need to bark yourself anyway"

Guide to Fitting Aftermarket headunit focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To fitting 10" HD Flip Down Monitor Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Custom 10" Sub enclosure & Amp panel Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here

Guide Installing Reverse Camera Focus Mk2.5 2008 - 2011Click Here 

nah this is a great unit....

there must be something within my loom that tells the unit to dim as the previous unit did dim on lights on...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, k_j_jacobs said:

nah this is a great unit....

there must be something within my loom that tells the unit to dim as the previous unit did dim on lights on...

Every rose has it's thorn #YesItDoes 

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

There are auto dimming relays available which reduce power by 50% there mainly designed for DRL's but I've used them in a few applications Guide to Fitting Auto Dimmer Unit to Gauges or DRL's Click Here 

All said though; I can't imagine a relay being able to control the backlight of the screen when it's not been built in as part of the main motherboard, most units have an interior light sensor feed built in which automatically dims the screen when parking lights have been activated, personally id sell the P.O.S and go for a Pioneer unit here's some other guides in not sure if I've linked them before which may help in the future.

There's an old saying: "why have a dog when you still need to bark yourself anyway"

Guide to Fitting Aftermarket headunit focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To fitting 10" HD Flip Down Monitor Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Custom 10" Sub enclosure & Amp panel Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here

Guide Installing Reverse Camera Focus Mk2.5 2008 - 2011Click Here 

learn something every day lenny

• Like 1

http://forum.xtrons.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=144176&MF=Y&PID=211437#211437

anyone any idea on which slot i got to stick this orange wire in? i cant see where im to make this connection shes on about

http://www.jamessimpson.co.uk/ford-focus-mk2-5-2008-stereo-removal/ doesnt seem to see the headlight hole

Just dug out the unit again and there are two wires ACC and ILL Red and Orange respectivly

but two connectors 1 to the canbus stalk adapter box and the other too the harness.

i was plugged into the adapter box. should be the harness. dimming is working now too bright for me to see any illumination of the buttons yet

20170501_110216.jpg

• Like 1

Hello 

sorry to hijack this thread but could do with a bit of advice I have a eonon unit that is running of wince 6 it has cambus connection but the illumination lights do not come on with the cars lights any idea what wire in need to connect to the cars lighting system?

what you got hanging out of the back of it? does it plug straight into the harness?

• Like 1

Yes it does plug straight in to the loom for the old unit