Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Multimedia Units for Focus

k_j_jacobs

Has anyone had any fun with these units before? 

http://xtrons.co.uk/pb76fsfap-s-7-hd-digital-octa-core-64bit-32gb-2g-ram-android-6-multi-touch-screen-car-dvd-player-custom-fit-for-ford.html

Kinda perfects and a lot cheaper just in Hong Kong. all android run. even reads your OBD ports on the go

I've got an Xtrons, just the std head unit with internet. It's brilliant. Also bought the head rest DVD players for the kids in the back and they are run from the head unit too. All works and fits perfectly. 

how hard was it to install? ibeen looking at these units dont need the dvd player but its stilll cheaper than the kenwood i got might take it back

the back of the unit is it the same as standard units? and can you get Looms for the unit and steering wheel stalks??

It's plug and play so simple to install and took about a minute once I'd taken the std head unit out. It comes with a CANbus box so the stalk controls work, you just need to reprogramme them which takes 2 mins with the on screen menu. 

The back of the unit is different because it has various inputs for DAB, sub, reversing camera, aux in and out, video in and out etc

I bought the bog standard Xtrons without internet because I wouldn't have used it, but it still has DVD, sat nav, bluetooth etc and works flawlessly with mine and my wife's IPhones running amazon music. The money that I saved over the more expensive units was spent on the headrest DVD players for the kids. They are happy and with RCA extension cables hidden in the centre console I can control what they are watching from the head unit and still run sat nav whilst they enjoy stereo sound in the back for their film. 

To to be honest I was very nervous about buying an Xtrons because it's a 'cheap Chinese' unit, and did a lot of reading reviews etc for months before biting the bullet and buying one. I'm glad I did though, as we've got what I consider to be a top ICE system for very little money compared to some of the better known brands, but the only difference is that this one looks factory fitment rather than a replacement square double din unit and a squared off fascia. 

The fact that it has 2 gig of Ram is good.  I have a similar Eonon unit and overall its good, but because of only 1 gig of RAM memory intensive apps such as Google maps is slow at loading up. All these units are made by the same people and sold on by EONON, Xtrons, Pumpkin etc.  They just put their own software skins in them.  

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 8:59 PM, k_j_jacobs said:

Has anyone had any fun with these units before? 

http://xtrons.co.uk/pb76fsfap-s-7-hd-digital-octa-core-64bit-32gb-2g-ram-android-6-multi-touch-screen-car-dvd-player-custom-fit-for-ford.html

Kinda perfects and a lot cheaper just in Hong Kong. all android run. even reads your OBD ports on the go

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32720762567.html

thats a biggun lenny... mines only the 7inch oval versoin but with the octacore jazz inside

• Like 1

Fitted my unit today and its amazing... everything just worked it even worked with my stalk straight away. none of this buy our unit from halfrauds oh and you will need this and this and this which is extra.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, k_j_jacobs said:

Fitted my unit today and its amazing... everything just worked it even worked with my stalk straight away. none of this buy our unit from halfrauds oh and you will need this and this and this which is extra.

If the internal amplifier isint what your expecting which can be the case with direct replacement headunits; you can always bypass it by fitting a good brand of amplifier at a later date.

• Like 1

nah the only thing im having trouble with at the moment is turning the ***** thing off... i have to turn it off manually ideally id like it to switch off once key has been removed.

i flattend the battery on install, its juicy

• Like 1

...just got to find a nice wifi source now to download my spotify music too... 

• Like 1

Can you not use your phone as a personal hotspot?

• Like 1

yes i have done but it would blow out my bandwidth......

• Like 1

11 hours ago, k_j_jacobs said:

yes i have done but it would blow out my bandwidth......

You can install WiFi in the car, 

I bought a car WiFi kit few years back it's great for Kodi in the car 😁

i have wifi.... i need the connection to the internet and i know u can tether your phone 

i have done but a 3g/4g option is expensive 

Im Sure no ones interested but i have now fitted my usb port, new shiny knobs and the entire head unit with car launcher running

im new to modding my car and i like it. not sure wether using the darker carbon fibre look from the ST would look nicer... ive seen someone do on here

20170424_172222.jpg

• Like 4

On 20/04/2017 at 6:47 PM, k_j_jacobs said:

nah the only thing im having trouble with at the moment is turning the ***** thing off... i have to turn it off manually ideally id like it to switch off once key has been removed.

i flattend the battery on install, its juicy

check the wiring make sure the power wires are in the right places .had a problem with a unit the wires where around the wrong way

i resolved that...... by opening the door ☺️ it auto shuts off

no the one i cant do is dimming it when lights are turned on

Just now, k_j_jacobs said:

i resolved that...... by opening the door ☺️ it auto shuts off

no the one i cant do is dimming it when lights are turned on

ok lol strange you have to open the door . dont know about dimming ,depends if its able to

apparently there is an orange cable i need to wire up to a relay....

how do i know which systems in my car are canbus controlled?

cant you dim using button 6

it does dim albeit not that well by pressing the dim button... but this defeats the object of being hands free and fully automated.

i will try to find which relay that forum picture refers too