Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anything to look out for?

johned

Hi All,

New to the site but not Mondeos having put 200,000mls on one a few years back. I've just bought a 2013 2.0 Titanium X Business with 90,000mls on the clock. Is there any servicing item coming up that I should be aware of? Timing belts / chains etc.

Thanks in advance.

John.  

Diesel or petrol mate?

Sorry Damian I should have said it's diesel.

Thanks

John.

No worries mate, I've got the 1.8 TDCI which is a totally different engine.  However having been kicking around this forum for 5 years I'd say the only recurring issue that pops up would be the DPF (diesel particulate filter), thankfully on the newer cars it's a ceramic type and doesn't need the fluid replacing periodically.

Other than making sure it gets a decent run out at least once a fortnight I can't think of anything else specific to the newer version of the engine to be honest and don't neglect the annual service, modern diesels really don't like knackered old fuel filters!

One of the guys with more knowledge than me will no doubt be along shortly to advise on cambelt replacement intervals etc.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club