Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint Chips

Commencal24

Hey everyone 

Now the weathers getting better I've decided to make a start on a few stone chips, I've filled the chip with touch up to above the cars paint, now the next part.

Most post I've read about this subject says to wet and dry the area till the chips flat with the paint, I'm a little reluctant to wet and dry my body work if I'm being honest, is there anything else I can use to smooth the area over?

You've made a classic mistake in your method I'm sorry to say.
By all means use touch up coloured paint But to below the cars top layer. Once dried then use a lacquer to just above the cars colour layer. Either use a fine wet n dry then a polish or go to an abrasive paste then a polish.

• Like 2

Oh crap!!! I'll using an abrasive paste tomorrow and see how that goes in taking the paint level down, what's best to use to do that?

You're not going to smooth it over much just using a compound.. Wet and dry is the best way 

Also I personally use a paint which matches the colour of the car perfectly but has the colour and top coat in one. Once flatted and polished you can't notice them unless I point them out 

33 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

You're not going to smooth it over much just using a compound.. Wet and dry is the best way 

Also I personally use a paint which matches the colour of the car perfectly but has the colour and top coat in one. Once flatted and polished you can't notice them unless I point them out 

Ok so wet and dry it is, once the areas been flatted what's the best polish to use?

• Like 1

Well don't ask how but I managed to get the paint out from the stone chip so it was just primer, I've now touched the chip up to below the paint level, so tomorrow all being well with the weather I'll give it a coat of lacquer 👍🏼 

• Like 1

Something simple for a good not perfect result would be G3 compound. 

I honestly can't recommend a compound/polish/pad without working on it myself but for a manufacture in general you can't go far wrong with menzerna products 

• Like 1

Thanks for you help mate 👍🏼