Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lowering springs for a mk7.5 titanium

mikeshaw91

Hi All, First post so go easy! I'm looking at maybe lowering my 2014 Fiesta titanium. I don't want anything too agressive Just want to close the gap above the wheels a bit. I really like the stance on the zetec S so would like to get it to something like that. I don't want to go too low as all around my area are speed bumps and some of them are pretty nasty. I was wondering if anyone knows how much lower the zetec S is compared to the Titanium and what sort of options there are.

Could I go to a ford dealers and ask for them to fit zetec S springs on it instead? Or do Eibach do some which would give me the look i'm after?

Cheers for any help.

Going to ford would mean you'd end up paying more than what it would cost to upgrade to a zetec s, it's ridiculous imo. Springs/coils are easy enough to fit yourself if you have the tools, you'll just need an allignment after.

Possibly see if a breakers close by has something from a zetec s or an ST you can buy. Other than that Eibach should sell some.

Going to ford would mean you'd end up paying more than what it would cost to upgrade to a zetec s, it's ridiculous imo. Springs/coils are easy enough to fit yourself if you have the tools, you'll just need an allignment after.
Possibly see if a breakers close by has something from a zetec s or an ST you can buy. Other than that eibach should sell some.

I was thinking something like the Eibach 30mm springs as they're 164 quid. Wasn't planning on a full suspension swap just to lower mine slightly to make it look nicer as it sits quite high around the wheels.

1. With the Eibach  springs alone you will be ok, but be careful with just lowering  springs of other makes as you will find you will need to change the dampers to match as well or the ride will be awful every time you hit a pot hole you will know it  as the damper doesn't have its full movement I know as I have done this by mistake. Eibach are fine on their own as they are designed to do this with standard dampers.

So I couldn't go into ford and get the zetec s springs? Or does the zetec s use different suspension compared to the titanium? I did read somewhere that ford use Eibach as aftermarket springs.

9 minutes ago, mikeshaw91 said:

I did read somewhere that ford use eibach as aftermarket springs.

Yes that's right

21 hours ago, mikeshaw91 said:

So I couldn't go into ford and get the zetec s springs? Or does the zetec s use different suspension compared to the titanium? I did read somewhere that ford use eibach as aftermarket springs.

Zetec S springs are 10mm lower than standard. I think they'd be expensive from Ford, but could be wrong. A wreckers might be cheaper if you can find a newish car. If they are expensive you might be better if jumping straight to the Eibachs which also have a higher spring rate. Not sure if the dampers are any different from standard. 

ford parts uk sell Eibach springs a suggest these as zetec s isnt really low at all and won't close the gap there only 10mm lower Eibach is 30mm and look a lot better with going over bumps easily 

a know ppl who changed to zetec s and had them off in a week hated them as wasnt low at all 

ma car is the blue titanium to the left 

IMG_20170424_185857_932.thumb.jpg.ad7764c673f78bb6c4e5b2c12caa7ce1.jpg

• Like 1

On 25/04/2017 at 7:27 AM, Paramanic said:

ford parts uk sell eibach springs a suggest these as zetec s isnt really low at all and won't close the gap there only 10mm lower eibach is 30mm and look a lot better with going over bumps easily 

a know ppl who changed to zetec s and had them off in a week hated them as wasnt low at all 

ma car is the blue titanium to the left 

IMG_20170424_185857_932.thumb.jpg.ad7764c673f78bb6c4e5b2c12caa7ce1.jpg

Yeah I do like the gap on yours, suits it so much better, cheers for the help, something for me to think about at least!

is it possible to buy the Eibach springs singly i.e only one , my thinking is if you have them fitted to you car and one breaks ( which with the condition of most of the roads in this country is a big possibility ) I don't wont to have to buy a set of four again just to replace one ps James that's a lovely looking car mate.

On 27/04/2017 at 6:28 PM, steve1312 said:

is it possible to buy the eibach springs singly i.e only one , my thinking is if you have them fitted to you car and one breaks ( which with the condition of most of the roads in this country is a big possibility ) I don't wont to have to buy a set of four again just to replace one ps James that's a lovely looking car mate.

hey bud thanks! 

no bud but I have known hundreds of people using them and none have broken and I know idiot drivers who fly over potholes lol still hasn't broke 

cheers mate thanks for your reply.