#1 Braders

Braders

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus ST170
Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:01 PM

Hi,

some idiots decided to kick my drivers side wing mirror off my car, i have a replacement but its just black, they didnt do any others on the website, i was wondering whether i could somehow swap over the back covers of the mirror from my old one and transfer it onto my new one so it matches the car?

thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,121 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:35 PM

Hi,

some idiots decided to kick my drivers side wing mirror off my car, i have a replacement but its just black, they didnt do any others on the website, i was wondering whether i could somehow swap over the back covers of the mirror from my old one and transfer it onto my new one so it matches the car?

thanks

yes you can certainly remove the covers, i had to do this when i resprayed mine. its best if you remove the mirror glass and then start pushing the cover from the inside, you will be able to see where it clips on also.

#3 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:30 PM

yes you can certainly remove the covers, i had to do this when i resprayed mine. its best if you remove the mirror glass and then start pushing the cover from the inside, you will be able to see where it clips on also.

Not strictly the easier way. The easier way is to look under the mirror. You'll see where to insert a screwdriver the push the clips out at the bottom. Theres no clips at the top so this is the easier option.

#4 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,121 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:32 PM

Not strictly the easier way. The easier way is to look under the mirror. You'll see where to insert a screwdriver the push the clips out at the bottom. Theres no clips at the top so this is the easier option.

i did try that but made an epic failure of it as i started to damage the edge of the plastic, so i just opted to push it out from the inside.

#5 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:01 PM

You can push them from the inside if you move the mirror on the outside edge you can pop the edge out out to get it started. Saves removing the glass.

#6 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,121 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:08 PM

You can push them from the inside if you move the mirror on the outside edge you can pop the edge out out to get it started. Saves removing the glass.

probably what i should have done, i broke one of the mirrors putting it back on :lol:

#7 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:39 PM

First time I took mine off I damaged the black plastic but managed to repair it ok. A mate in a body shop showed me how to get them off easily.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users