Join Premium & Save
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

SuttonRider

Air Con DIY re-gas

7 posts in this topic

My air con on cold is not as good as it was last year. Most likely needs the gas topping up. Are these DIY gas top ups found on-line any good or should I be getting the garage to do it at twice the price?

Don't waste your money on these DIY cans, they are useless,   I had mine done last week for £35 at f1autocentres.co.uk  with a money off voucher.   Took 1 hour to complete the job.

18 minutes ago, Devonboy said:

Don't waste your money on these DIY cans, they are useless,   I had mine done last week for £35 at f1autocentres.co.uk  with a money off voucher.   Took 1 hour to complete the job.

Agree.  I used a Groupon deal for a £25 regas at a local garage. Always best to watch it being done if you can.

Yes I also agree when you get it done professionally they should vacuum out the system then refill it with the refrigerant and the lubricant for the complete system

Plus it's illegal to work on / release refrigerant gas to the atmosphere 

Yeah, seems strange the public can pop down halfords for a can and do what they like , but for me to use aircon at work i need training and certification. And then big fines if I'm caught releasing gas to the atmosphere, or even regassing a system to check for leaks .

TangoDaz likes this

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Yeah, seems strange the public can pop down halfords for a can and do what they like , but for me to use aircon at work i need training and certification. And then big fines if I'm caught releasing gas to the atmosphere, or even regassing a system to check for leaks .

Arguably you could say the same about most things lol 

TangoDaz likes this

Thanks for the replies, I've got it booked in with a Ford dealer, they are just around the corner.