• Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale

Mariner

MK 8 Config going live on Ford site

5 hours ago, AlexBartlam said:

fiesta 4x4. 

Yet another 'new' type of vehicle to add to our already clogged up roads! Don't call me an idiot or anything else over this but we live on an island and congestion can only get worse & worse as car manufacturers bring out new types of vehicles.

Just now, Ian Lanc said:

Yet another 'new' type of vehicle to add to our already clogged up roads! Don't call me an idiot or anything else over this but we live on an island and congestion can only get worse & worse as car manufacturers bring out new types of vehicles.

If someone didn't buy this, they'd buy something else.

Ford bringing the active out won't add to congestion directly, lol.

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

If someone didn't buy this, they'd buy something else. Ford bringing the active out won't add to congestion directly, lol.

Have you ever looked around Google Earth and looked at old RAF Bomber bases ? Some of the old bases have hundreds & hundreds of unsold / unregistered vehicles lined up, cars made in advance, cars not being sold, the mind boggles as to why more cars should be made only to be stock piled.

5 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Have you ever looked around Google Earth and looked at old RAF Bomber bases ? Some of the old bases have hundreds & hundreds of unsold / unregistered vehicles lined up, cars made in advance, cars not being sold, the mind boggles as to why more cars should be made only to be stock piled.

That's a different issue though, not related to different model variants. All Fiesta variants will be made on the same production line.

It's just an extension of trim levels. Each trim level is becoming more unique.

Also most of the stock pile are probably VW diesels, lol.

and the stockpiled vehicles are only clogging up large compounds etc and not clogging up the roads

I agree with "If someone didn't buy this, they'd buy something else."  offering more variants doesn't mean there are more drivers on the roads 

37 minutes ago, isetta said:

and the stockpiled vehicles are only clogging up large compounds etc and not clogging up the roads

But will eventually be sold!

I wish I could travel back to the 70's & 80's were the roads was free of such heavy traffic, especially on a Sunday when it was a day of rest and the roads was completely empty but alas that'll never happen and you can't stop evolution and the greed of such companies.

Wouldn't mind the new fiesta though :yahoo: :yahoo: