• Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience


Housey5450

Looking for a reversing camera adaptor

Recommended Posts

Hey,

Im currently looking to add a reversong camera to my Fiesta Mk7 display but the only cable I can find costs £23 with and extra £25 on top for P&P. 

Does anyone know where else I can get this cable or a wiring diagram so I can jist make my own? 

The cable in question is this one. https://car-solutions.com/en/camera-connection-cable-for-ford-cars-with-sync-1-monitors.php

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

The convertor from your link is only suitible for 5 Inch sat nav displays that have a Rosenberger HSD connector for the rear view camera input. These are basically the newer technical design displays that no longer require the rear view camera module to activate the camera input of the display. This convertor basically consists of a Rosenberger HSD connector, a piece of wire and a yellow Cinch connector.

Older 5 Inch sat nav displays have a Fakra connector for the rear view camera input. These displays require the rear view camera module to activate the camera input of the display. Without his module the rear view camera input will not be active.

Next to this the rear view camera input also needs to be activated in the car configuration. Without correct configuration the rear view camera will not work.

 

Be aware that many rear view camera adapters are based on the USA Ford models. USA Ford models do usually have different electronics. For example the displays of USA Fiesta/Focus models are different from their European equivalents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Thanks for the info. The display i have is a 5 inch display with the HSD connector at the back. I have already activated the reversing camera in the config file and just needs an input. Just looking for a cheaper cable. This is the one i have.

20170421_174811.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In that case I would just find a rosenberger HSD connector from a electronic component supplier and make the adapter cable myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pin 1 and Pin 2 of the Rosenberger HSD connector are used for the video signal from the rear view camera. Pin 3 and Pin 4 are not used.

The type of connector you need is a Rosenberger HSD type E connector. You can also use a Rosenberger HSD type Z connector. Just like the fakra connectors the Rosenberger type Z connector is compatible with all versions of this connector.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JW1982 said:

In that case I would just find a rosenberger HSD connector from a electronic component supplier and make the adapter cable myself.

Hi , I have a 2013 fiesta ecoboost titanium x that I have swapped the display screen to the 5" sat nav screen and rewired the audio connections. I have also installed a ford fiesta rear camera and wired most wires but still need to wire the video signal to the green socket on the rear of the sat nav screen. Please can you advise me as to what program and adaptor you used to re config and what settings you altered to enable the rear camera socket when in reverse. My car had reverse parking system but no camera when built. All my car functions work fine except the camera input and the car is stuck in Km and will not change over to Miles. I have a elm interface with can speed switch and wondered if this can be done with forscan . The head unit and Display were changed and have confirmed the Km to Miles change over if I plug the standard display back into the car. I wondered if the Km problem is due to firmware but expect the camera socket will be down to config.

Thanks for your help in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

I've only just started this project but I do know that you need to use Forscan to activate the rear camera whilst in reverse. The forscan forum has a great guide in how to access this. http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1932

The screen itself just needs a short HSD to RCA cable which you can either buy here https://car-solutions.com/en/camera-connection-cable-for-ford-cars-with-sync-1-monitors.php or if that is too expensive you can make your own, which is what i am going to do and waiting on parts. The HSD connector from http://co-star.co.uk/prod/4854/hsd-code-z-water-blue-female-crimp.html and the RCA connector from maplins.

I hope this answers any questions so far. I have not encountered the KM/Miles problem.

As you seem to have wired your screen up already, can you let me know what the pink and black connectors on the back are for? And what system did you tap into for the reversing camera power?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Housey5450 said:

Hello,

I've only just started this project but I do know that you need to use Forscan to activate the rear camera whilst in reverse. The forscan forum has a great guide in how to access this. http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1932

The screen itself just needs a short HSD to RCA cable which you can either buy here https://car-solutions.com/en/camera-connection-cable-for-ford-cars-with-sync-1-monitors.php or if that is too expensive you can make your own, which is what i am going to do and waiting on parts. The HSD connector from http://co-star.co.uk/prod/4854/hsd-code-z-water-blue-female-crimp.html and the RCA connector from maplins.

I hope this answers any questions so far. I have not encountered the KM/Miles problem.

As you seem to have wired your screen up already, can you let me know what the pink and black connectors on the back are for? And what system did you tap into for the reversing camera power?

Thanks

I have a genuine fiesta reverse camera and has about 6 wires as far as I can remember. I had to swap the outer tail gate trim ,tail gate switch and number pate lights but all looks great just need to get it to work. I also have a green plug and short cable which I need to connect up to the video signal from the ford camera. I know the camera works as I powered it up and connected it to my tv indoors and worked great. The pink and black connectors are for the radio aerial loop through so the traffic warnings are picked up by the satnav. The blue connector is for the GPS aerial.

So have you not programmed your config to enable the reverse camera socket yet as if not I will read up to see what I can find as need to get my camera working now. Your camera will be easy to wire up with just a rca and you may beable to power the camera off the reverse light but if not a small relay off the reverse light should work for switching the 12volt .

 

you also need alter the audio cables and think it was two wires or you will not get sat nav audio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok , I have now used forscan to change CC  to with park assist camera and pressed write  to ecu . Tested but still did not blank display . Then done a RESET on the display unit and now when I put car in reverse the monitor blanks and the four icons appear at the lower edge of the screen . This now all look to be what I would expect as I do not yet have the video from the rear camera connected so as soon as I get some spare time I will wire this up and see what I get. This had to be done in engineering mode.

 

Any one overcome the Km to Miles problem of being stuck in Km after Sat Nav fitted ?     I will have a better look at the forscan options once I get the camera working and is looking good so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to change the screen setting with forscan to 5 MFD then it will change back to miles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok done that and has solved the problem.

 

My miles are back at last ......thank you for your help:smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just connected the last cable as a test for the rear camera and all works the same as the ford factory fit with ZOOM , ZONE BLOCKS , COLOURED LINES , BLACK DOT CENTRE LINE  and the LINES all MOVE WITH THE STEERING WHEEL .    I just need to run the cable down the side of the car and up to the dash display camera input. The camera and rear door trim were all removed from a 2014 fiesta with factory fit camera module . I have made up the extra wires for the ford camera as it also requires DATA from the BODY module in order to be able to control ford camera functions from the head unit.

 

 

All Functions all work perfect so just need to run a cable to the display from the rear camera for the video.

 

Does any one have any pictures of the air ducting or where it should fit for extra cooling of the 5" monitor . also did the camera video cable run via the roof or near the nearside sill on the edge of the carpet. ? I have the extra cooling parts but not sure where they were located so need to see pictures of a factory fit with satnav with the top cover removed.

 

thanks for your help.    ........Ford said the factory sat nav and factory camera can not be retrofitted .....but can now confirm they were wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi 540itouring,

I have 5inch mdf low  and non OEM reverse camera. I've conneted video signal to green connector of screen, and config to MFD 5". The reverse camera work fine but when i change from gear R to N, D, the screen stuck in back for a while. The button zoom, turning line.. are not work! Can you send the wirring that you've done?

So many thanks!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The turning line function and zoom will never work with a after market camera .    The reason your camera blanks is you are supplying your camera power from the reverse lights and not a ignition switched 12 volt supply.

To retrofit a ford camera is a more complex job as I have done.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 540itouring said:

The turning line function and zoom will never work with a after market camera .    The reason your camera blanks is you are supplying your camera power from the reverse lights and not a ignition switched 12 volt supply.

To retrofit a ford camera is a more complex job as I have done.

 

What's exactly power supply for camera? I can not find a ford camera so using a china camera.

Do you use pin 3 and 4 of green connector behind screen??

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not alter the wires for the green connector at the back of the monitor as this is working. The power supply will be the wire from the camera that goes to +12 Volts (battery power). I expect your camera instructions said to connect this to the reverse light for the power ?  may be a red wire ?    This is the wire that must have 12 volt battery power all the time the ignition is switched ON.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 540itouring said:

Do not alter the wires for the green connector at the back of the monitor as this is working. The power supply will be the wire from the camera that goes to +12 Volts (battery power). I expect your camera instructions said to connect this to the reverse light for the power ?  may be a red wire ?    This is the wire that must have 12 volt battery power all the time the ignition is switched ON.

My green connector has been cut off, so i have to make another wire using Fakra connector.

I try to supply 12v all time for camera but the screen still stuck in black when change gear R to N, D.. It seem HS-CAN does not send signal to screen. I try to make a modify module for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/08/2017 at 11:25 PM, N.K.D said:

My green connector has been cut off, so i have to make another wire using Fakra connector.

I try to supply 12v all time for camera but the screen still stuck in black when change gear R to N, D.. It seem HS-CAN does not send signal to screen. I try to make a modify module for this.

Did you have any luck with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Genuine reverse camera and its the second one and gone so im in the process of trying to convert it to fit a cheaper camera as

the ford one is £150 area and cheaper ones are around £10,i have the connectors all there in the tail gate and got 2 adapters which one is the Fakra

one (for picture) and got as far as camera comes on but rolls,mine works from the mirror not the display  but im slowly getting there just don't know why it

rolls as you can see the picture if it didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ThaiFiesta said:

Did you have any luck with this?

it's working now , but the guide line is not show up, the BCm need some data from Ford Genuine  camera module!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, N.K.D said:

it's working now , but the guide line is not show up, the BCm need some data from Ford Genuine  camera module!!

Well done,wish mine was that easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to ask my own question but can anyone tell me what this connector is called as its holding me up as i need one.

Its the small black one with 3 wires,above the Fakra one green one  which i have pulled apart.,it would be a great help.

 

 

IMG_1405.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now