Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking for a reversing camera adaptor

Housey5450

1 hour ago, Carl123 said:

Your good,i have been after one of these things for ages as mine has broke.

Cheers mate..................just emailed them as i have searched for places like eBay to order a few being cheap.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:50 AM, N.K.D said:

it's working now , but the guide line is not show up, the BCm need some data from Ford Genuine  camera module!!

The genuine camera which I used has a data output / control signal to supply the steering lines and head unit control like ZOOM etc. A cheep camera will only give a picture and may have a option on some for guide lines but will NOT alter with the steering position. The genuine camera is more complex to retrofit but well worth it when finished.

31 minutes ago, 540itouring said:

The genuine camera which I used has a data output / control signal to supply the steering lines and head unit control like ZOOM etc. A cheep camera will only give a picture and may have a option on some for guide lines but will NOT alter with the steering position. The genuine camera is more complex to retrofit but well worth it when finished.

I'm keen to replace my dealer fitted mirror based reversing camera with a factory type one. What's the minimum radio configuration I need to make this work? Do you need the SatNav head unit and display or are there lesser versions that work with the factory camera?  Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2017 at 2:24 PM, 540itouring said:

Hi there,

I am in the works of doing the genuine camera install however as im aware there is 6 wires coming off the camera. Where do i need to connect each of these wires? So that i have all the controls to work lines etc. I have a 2016 st-line and this has a green plug already in the back for the camera wire to go into. As i said all im looking for is where each of the wires go from the camera. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2017 at 7:19 AM, rossco5378 said:

Hi there,

I am in the works of doing the genuine camera install however as im aware there is 6 wires coming off the camera. Where do i need to connect each of these wires? So that i have all the controls to work lines etc. I have a 2016 st-line and this has a green plug already in the back for the camera wire to go into. As i said all im looking for is where each of the wires go from the camera. Thanks.

2 wire supply power 

2 line camera signal

1 line goes to BCM C2280G-24

On 10/21/2017 at 2:38 AM, N.K.D said:

2 wire supply power 

2 line camera signal

1 line goes to BCM C2280G-24

Hi,

Thanks for the info N.K.D, However which pin am i exactly looking for in the bcm is it the one below?, I have followed the data wire from a titanium x with a camera and this seems to where it goes but im just wondering its definitely the correct pin.

Cheers,

2a76f6f933762d1bfe4f4d62c46c6ac4.jpg

IMG_4073.JPG

14 hours ago, rossco5378 said:

Hi,

Thanks for the info N.K.D, However which pin am i exactly looking for in the bcm is it the one below?, I have followed the data wire from a titanium x with a camera and this seems to where it goes but im just wondering its definitely the correct pin.

Cheers,

IMG_4073.JPG

Yes, it is

I've been interested in doing this also. I have a used 2016 zetec that has the sat-nav option with 5" screen.

I have a couple of questions if I may.

First: Is there any possibility that the loom to the tailgate will have the wiring necessary for the camera already?

Second: I know the tailgate trim is different. Can you separate the "different" part from the body coloured part or do you need to get one of the same body colour?

Thanks for any help.

23 hours ago, Almost said:

I've been interested in doing this also. I have a used 2016 zetec that has the sat-nav option with 5" screen.

I have a couple of questions if I may.

First: Is there any possibility that the loom to the tailgate will have the wiring necessary for the camera already?

Second: I know the tailgate trim is different. Can you separate the "different" part from the body coloured part or do you need to get one of the same body colour?

Thanks for any help.

you will not have any tailgate wiring for the camera or cables to the front display.  I replaced the tailgate trim from another car and had the trim sprayed.. You can not just swap the camera as the camera and the boot release button are not in the same place. I fitted the oem camera and trim in my 2013 titanium x

Okay thanks a lot, that's helpful.

Do you or anyone else know if circuit diagrams are available anywhere for this car? I know the old Haynes manuals used to have them but there isn't one for the post facelift model yet and I don't know if they still go into such detail as they used to.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gents, I have the same, genuine camera, all wired and working apart from the lines do not move, I don't have this wire connected and it looks like this is all I need to do to get it working, just wondering if you could tell me the location of the BCM so that when I get back home from working abroad I can get this last wire connected and finally working as oem.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:50 PM, N.K.D said:
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:35 AM, rossco5378 said:

Hi,

Cheers,

IMG_4073.JPG

Yes, it is

Hi gents, I have the same, genuine camera, all wired and working apart from the lines do not move, I don't have this wire connected and it looks like this is all I need to do to get it working, just wondering if you could tell me the location of the BCM so that when I get back home from working abroad I can get this last wire connected and finally working as oem.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me wich parameters you need to change in the cc. My original retrofit camera works, after I’ve changed the cc. But the lines and stuff doesn’t. I’ve added the Lin bus wire as described here in this forum but still doesn’t work :( is there more than one parameter you need to change?

TIA :)

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I see some people are fitting genuine 6pin camera, that is what i'm looking to do as well (pix). Already replaced radio and display with the satnav version and all works great, what remains is the camera to connect, unfortunately my loom does not have the camera connector in place so I need to make one up. Does anyone know the PIN layout and where they connect to on the satnav/radio?

Cheers.

20180529_160711.thumb.jpg.013e072fb967374180da4fd6e8e26a03.jpg

Have a look at the new Haynes manual 6407 this has the wiring diagram for the rear camera.

• Like 1

Did not even think those kind of things will be in Haynes any more, thought they only show how to use indicator those days, my last manual was for a Capri which showed torque for cylinder head bolts or how to service oil pump 😀. Got one in delivery now, thank you for advice!

• 2 years later...
On 5/29/2018 at 3:01 PM, ebay_noob said:

Did not even think those kind of things will be in Haynes any more, thought they only show how to use indicator those days, my last manual was for a Capri which showed torque for cylinder head bolts or how to service oil pump 😀. Got one in delivery now, thank you for advice!

Would you mind sharing this information please? I am doing the same, though someone advised it was "BCM C2280G-24" (pin 24) 

On 4/22/2017 at 7:01 AM, JW1982 said:

Pin 1 and Pin 2 of the Rosenberger HSD connector are used for the video signal from the rear view camera. Pin 3 and Pin 4 are not used.

The type of connector you need is a Rosenberger HSD type E connector. You can also use a Rosenberger HSD type Z connector. Just like the fakra connectors the Rosenberger type Z connector is compatible with all versions of this connector.

Could you please advise what the Blue / Black / Pink connectors do ? Are they Fakra as well? Thank you

spacer.png

Blue = GPS.
Black = FM antenna (required for TMC reception).
Pink = FM antenna (pass through from FCDIM to ACM).

These are regular 2-pole Fakra connectors.

• Like 1

That’s correct I’ve done this in my 2015 fiesta the only thing I’m still to do is the voice wires for the nav 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lewie226 said:

That’s correct I’ve done this in my 2015 fiesta the only thing I’m still to do is the voice wires for the nav 

Thanks for replying. So that would be the Pink Fakra to which which connection on the ACM? Also  did you wire a dedicated FM antenna for Black Fakra on the FCDIM? or did you use some sort a Y-adapter/splitter from the existing Antenna? Also do your reverse steering lines work on the reverse camera?

I bought a gps antenna from amazon and the farak patch lead from their too

so the black dab lead (from the car) goes into the back of the display ( was in the back of the head unit)

then the email to female patch lead I bought goes in the back of the head unit ( dab aerial socket) to the pink socket on the back of the display

as for camera - I don’t have one fitted so is unused 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lewie226 said:

I bought a gps antenna from Amazon and the farak patch lead from their too

so the black dab lead (from the car) goes into the back of the display ( was in the back of the head unit)

then the email to female patch lead I bought goes in the back of the head unit ( dab aerial socket) to the pink socket on the back of the display

as for camera - I don’t have one fitted so is unused 

Thanks, I have bought the following from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B07BCCGFVG/

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B07PDP33XL

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club