1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

Housey5450

Looking for a reversing camera adaptor

1 hour ago, Carl123 said:

Your good,i have been after one of these things for ages as mine has broke.

Cheers mate..................just emailed them as i have searched for places like eBay to order a few being cheap.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:50 AM, N.K.D said:

it's working now , but the guide line is not show up, the BCm need some data from Ford Genuine  camera module!!

The genuine camera which I used has a data output / control signal to supply the steering lines and head unit control like ZOOM etc. A cheep camera will only give a picture and may have a option on some for guide lines but will NOT alter with the steering position. The genuine camera is more complex to retrofit but well worth it when finished.

31 minutes ago, 540itouring said:

The genuine camera which I used has a data output / control signal to supply the steering lines and head unit control like ZOOM etc. A cheep camera will only give a picture and may have a option on some for guide lines but will NOT alter with the steering position. The genuine camera is more complex to retrofit but well worth it when finished.

I'm keen to replace my dealer fitted mirror based reversing camera with a factory type one. What's the minimum radio configuration I need to make this work? Do you need the SatNav head unit and display or are there lesser versions that work with the factory camera?  Thanks

On 9/30/2017 at 2:24 PM, 540itouring said:

Hi there,

I am in the works of doing the genuine camera install however as im aware there is 6 wires coming off the camera. Where do i need to connect each of these wires? So that i have all the controls to work lines etc. I have a 2016 st-line and this has a green plug already in the back for the camera wire to go into. As i said all im looking for is where each of the wires go from the camera. Thanks.

On 10/13/2017 at 7:19 AM, rossco5378 said:

Hi there,

I am in the works of doing the genuine camera install however as im aware there is 6 wires coming off the camera. Where do i need to connect each of these wires? So that i have all the controls to work lines etc. I have a 2016 st-line and this has a green plug already in the back for the camera wire to go into. As i said all im looking for is where each of the wires go from the camera. Thanks.

2 wire supply power 

2 line camera signal

1 line goes to BCM C2280G-24

On 10/21/2017 at 2:38 AM, N.K.D said:

2 wire supply power 

2 line camera signal

1 line goes to BCM C2280G-24

Hi,

Thanks for the info N.K.D, However which pin am i exactly looking for in the bcm is it the one below?, I have followed the data wire from a titanium x with a camera and this seems to where it goes but im just wondering its definitely the correct pin.

Cheers,

2a76f6f933762d1bfe4f4d62c46c6ac4.jpg

IMG_4073.JPG

14 hours ago, rossco5378 said:

Hi,

Thanks for the info N.K.D, However which pin am i exactly looking for in the bcm is it the one below?, I have followed the data wire from a titanium x with a camera and this seems to where it goes but im just wondering its definitely the correct pin.

Cheers,

IMG_4073.JPG

Yes, it is

I've been interested in doing this also. I have a used 2016 zetec that has the sat-nav option with 5" screen.

I have a couple of questions if I may.

First: Is there any possibility that the loom to the tailgate will have the wiring necessary for the camera already?

Second: I know the tailgate trim is different. Can you separate the "different" part from the body coloured part or do you need to get one of the same body colour?

Thanks for any help.

23 hours ago, Almost said:

I've been interested in doing this also. I have a used 2016 zetec that has the sat-nav option with 5" screen.

I have a couple of questions if I may.

First: Is there any possibility that the loom to the tailgate will have the wiring necessary for the camera already?

Second: I know the tailgate trim is different. Can you separate the "different" part from the body coloured part or do you need to get one of the same body colour?

Thanks for any help.

you will not have any tailgate wiring for the camera or cables to the front display.  I replaced the tailgate trim from another car and had the trim sprayed.. You can not just swap the camera as the camera and the boot release button are not in the same place. I fitted the oem camera and trim in my 2013 titanium x

Okay thanks a lot, that's helpful.

Do you or anyone else know if circuit diagrams are available anywhere for this car? I know the old Haynes manuals used to have them but there isn't one for the post facelift model yet and I don't know if they still go into such detail as they used to.

Thanks again.

Hi gents, I have the same, genuine camera, all wired and working apart from the lines do not move, I don't have this wire connected and it looks like this is all I need to do to get it working, just wondering if you could tell me the location of the BCM so that when I get back home from working abroad I can get this last wire connected and finally working as oem.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:50 PM, N.K.D said:
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:35 AM, rossco5378 said:

Hi,

Cheers,

IMG_4073.JPG

Yes, it is

Hi gents, I have the same, genuine camera, all wired and working apart from the lines do not move, I don't have this wire connected and it looks like this is all I need to do to get it working, just wondering if you could tell me the location of the BCM so that when I get back home from working abroad I can get this last wire connected and finally working as oem.