Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what spark plugs are you using

nick.sheffcity

allright everyone. not had the car long but im looking at doing a full service soon. i have a mk1 1.6 focus and was wondering do any of you use uprated spark plugs? in me old car (astra g) i allways used Bosch super 4's and never had a problem with them but have heard good things about NGK iridium's.

so anyone got any other recommendations :D

well the focus ignition system is not exactly a very stong point as i and plenty others know well.

best to stick with genuine ford plugs and leads, different makes have different resistances and this is a killer for coil packs im afraid.

genuine plugs are quite cheap anyway at just over a tenner. genuine leads are about £65 though. and a genuine coil pack will be about £101 but keep well away from aftermarket coils as they are cheap and well known to fail within a few weeks.

i used to use Bosch super 4's in my old 1999 clio 1.6 and they were superb, couldnt beat them IMHO.

hope ive not scared you, just trying to advise what is best.

thanks for reply.ill stick with genuine ones.thought it best to check first as its first ford ive owned and like you say some cars just dont like uprated. saved me a few quid anyway lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club