Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Hose Split

joemallion

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you would be able to help. If this is not suitable for this forum please remove, thank you. 

I have a 2005 Focus - 1.8 Diesel and have a question over the name of the part I should buy as one of the rubber hoses in the engine bay appears to have split. 

I have highlighted the hose in the picture. 

Any ideas or help would be amazing. 

Thanks,
Joe

20170411_133528.jpg

I did mine 2-3 years ago mate, it's often referred to as 'EGR hose', virtually everyone on the forum who has had the issue has replaced the hose with a cheaper but more robust silicon version.

See ebay/amazon (example below)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KKmoon-RBC2884033180699YA-Silicone-Intercooler-Turbo/dp/B01DUH93EI/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_lp_t_2/257-7299487-7667413?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=W4D2PHWVSJXY6RHSM6KZ

Thank you so much Damian, really appreciate the help. 

Would this split be making the car run badly? It is lurching along when driving at a steady pace at the moment which is a little worrying! 

Mine started to run like crap.  I got a lovely wooshing noise when on boost, a lot less acceleration than normal, it started to run rich and wouldn't coast at idle i.e. in 1st or 2nd the car would normally plod along at idle revs with no throttle applied.

It might not be the only thing misbehaving on your car.  However looking at your picture it must be a decent sized split to spray oil over the coolant reservoir and engine cover.  If I was you I'd get it changed, take the car for a good thrash for 10-15 minutes i.e. 3.5K RPM on the motorway in 4th (commonly referred to on this forum as an 'Italian Tune Up') and report back how you get on.

• Like 1