Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streetka Workshop Manual Advice.

Mike Ramsay-Fraser

Hi all.

As per the introductions, I've just bought the Mrs an 04 Streetka winter edition. It's a nice car with only 30.5k on the clock.

The last MOT had an advisory for 'Subframe mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive' on both sides. I've had a good poke around the areas and although there is some minor corrosion, it's not bad and, at present, easily treatable.

To do so properly, I'll need to drop the subframe. 

I know the Haynes Ka manual states 'Not Streetka', but can anyone advise if the likes of the subframe, suspension, wishbones etc. are the same between the Ka and Streetka? I appreciate the Ka manual won't cover the engine, gearbox etc. but I don't mind getting another manual for those parts.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mike

I can't help with whether they are the same but my classic mini has been called for the same thing and all we did is take the wheels off, get a decent wire brush at it and use Krust (the anti rust paint stuff) and let it seal. Should be okay if its minor like you describe. MOT testers normally always put something down that may not necessarily be that bad.

It isn't. It's just flaking paint and surface rust and not over a very big area either. I just wanted to drop the sub-frame to make sure I cleaned up underneath it properly. Kurust is my rust preventative of choice too. Good stuff.

Thanks, though. I think I'll get the Haynes Ka manual anyway. Can always eBay it if it's not suitable.

It's fantastic! Used it on loads of stuff! My KA has even had it once.