Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint Code

steesh

Looking to sort a rusty rear arch myself and i looked at Halfords machine silver paint and the reviews said its a terrible match (as expected). Proper ford machine silver is about £20 on eBay but my question is this, can i buy just machine silver or are there specific machine silver paints?

On some eBay sites i also see a code number or similar after the actual paint so im assuming i need to match this up too?

1 hour ago, steesh said:

Looking to sort a rusty rear arch myself and i looked at halfords machine silver paint and the reviews said its a terrible match (as expected). Proper ford machine silver is about £20 on ebay but my question is this, can i buy just machine silver or are there specific machine silver paints?

On some ebay sites i also see a code number or similar after the actual paint so im assuming i need to match this up too?

http://me.ppgrefinish.com/media/869785/ppg_ford-colour-codes_2005-2015.pdf

Great thanks, doesnt really answer my question though

Sorry, it might do but i havent got time to wade through 100 pages of paint codes, all i wanted to know was do i need a reference number after the paint type or not, im sure i can find the code i need after that if i need it, cheers

Look at the VIN plate in the door shut on your car.

Second box up on the left is your paint code, it will give the paint mixer the colour and year it was introduced.

Colours do vary slightly depending on the year.

58fe5b2e56e9b_FordPaintCodeVINPlateLocation.jpg.ee359f1ad2fa5313b5565135745a31e9.jpg