Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated front windscreen and washer nozzles not working

Dave1981

So started my mk2.5 this morning. 2010 2.0 petrol. Due to the ice and cold the front and rear heater elemnets come on automatically.. the rear works fine. The front tho.. nowt.. doesnt clear the windscreen and the washer nozzles dont work n are cold to the touch. The light comes on the button in the car though. Any suggestions where to start looking? Fuses? Relays? 

I would check that under the plastic windscreen scuttle where the wiper motor sits(you will need to take this off to see)  you will find two copper braids one each side that connect the windscreen  element to wiring loom some times one or both break as they can catch on the wiper mechanism arms they can also get corroded a bit .Also at this point if not broken check with a Multimeter to see if you have 12Volts approx.' on both connectors if not it may be a fuse (unfortunately I don't know which one  offhand). Also check under your inside light ( it just pulls off) above your  rearview mirror there is an earth strap for the heated window located under there sometimes this can get a bit corroded might need a clean. It doesn't take much corrosion to not work might just look a bit green. If not any of that then as you said it could be a fuse or relay I'm not sure which one they are ,some one  else on here should be able to help with that. Some times a small stone chip  and going over a robust speed bump ( screen flexes) will bust the element and stop it from working but in my experience in this case  it just a small patch that fails with a bit still working.

• Like 1

Cheers for advice. Whatever it was it seems to have fixed itself as just been rootin round checkin fuses and earth leads amd its started working without me reseating or tightening owt up lol.. 

55 minutes ago, Dave1981 said:

as just been rootin round checkin fuses and earth leads

Brilliant nothing like a good rooting

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club