Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watters123

Watters666

I have asked many times but getting no advice, need to sort this, I want to bypass my doors open warning so I can lock my 2003 1.4 fiesta ghia, is anyone reading this?

Hi mate people will be reading it, but I don't think they like replying unless they know a definitive answer.

Might sound a bit obvious, but do you know what is keeping the light on? Like is it the fact the door is damaged so covers the sensor, the sensor itself or wiring? If you can find the sensor then you either cover it, or find a way to keep the circuit closed to keep the light off, therefore lock your car. That is assuming it is the sensor and not something wrong with the ecu.

• Like 1

I had a similar problem with my Focus which I traced to a loose connection in the door's wiring harness.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, according to the Gem self test both front and rear passenger doors show a fault which might be the case, but I think unlikely, all I want to do is remove the sensors shot term so need to be able to locate them, had the front panel off no evidence just about 6 woes attached to the lock itself...very frustrating car when things go wrong....

11 hours ago, Watters666 said:

Thanks for the info, according to the Gem self test both front and rear passenger doors show a fault which might be the case, but I think unlikely, all I want to do is remove the sensors shot term so need to be able to locate them, had the front panel off no evidence just about 6 woes attached to the lock itself...very frustrating car when things go wrong....

Removing the sensors will cause the car to think the door is being kept open anyway as the circuit will still be open.

Is your interior light staying on all the time, or does it go off like normal when you close the doors?

If not then a leccy might be able to change a setting somewhere

Failing that you could try to find a wiring diagram to pull the fuse. Not sure what else it feeds though. EDIT: wait it's going to feed the central locking most probably

• Like 1