Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Balance shaft removal

D13 HPD 95

Has anyone done the balance shaft delete on the mk3 st? Anyone got any experience with it?

TIA

The Mazda MPs version of this engine had balancer shaft and some of these owners did delete them , they were standard fit on the earlier Mazda engines while ford duratec he didn't at that time. . I wouldn't have thought removing it would make much difference to the free reving of engine. I never bothered on my MPs when I had it.

ive been told it lets the engine spin more freely less drag and also in high BHP builds can become an issue with cylinders not wanting to be inside the block anymore... but wanting to know how safe it is and is it really needed, or anyone done the mod so i can have some first hand experience 

if your going for more than 350-380bhp then it may be a good idea, know mazda owners who run 550bhp out there 2.3 older version of fords ecooboost developed engine and they delete the balancer shaft.

it does cause on there engines more vibration on low revs.

Might have to wait until hybrid then, as I'm probs not going to be pushing for that power until next year now cheers tho I'll keep in mind the more vibration 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club