Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK2 - New exhaust help

ryanc_98

Hi there everyone, I own a mk2 focus and I am looking to change my exhaust  to a system that would make the car sound louder. Was wondering if anyone could point me to a guide on how to change all the parts and what I would need to do so. I have a rough idea on what is needed but was looking for an in depth guide on how to actually carry out the job. Couldn't find one on here but if there is please direct me. Thanks!

• Like 1

Different engines have different exhaust systems.

Petrol/Diesel?

Engine size?

On 4/28/2017 at 11:27 AM, 1979Damian said:

Different engines have different exhaust systems.

Petrol/Diesel?

Engine size?

1.6 petrol.

Any of the CAT back like Miltek or Cobra  will be fine and will help with power output with other bits too. or you could just get a resonator box (middle box) replacement pipe that replaces your middle box that will sound louder and a cheep fix that will do the job. A non resonated system with be louder than a resonated system .Its simple to do with care just go underneath and unbolt the old exhaust and refit the new one may need some releasing fluid if the old bolts are stuck and a bit of brute force .The bolts on the CAT may be very tight as the heat form it makes them stick fast . TBH I would pay someone to fit the system for you will save a lot off messing about for the price and loss oh hair lol.You could also go this way but I wouldn't recommend it go the boy racer way and fit just a back box with less baffles  will sound a lot louder but may actually reduce your power as it won't match the rest of your system, you can even wear you hat on backwards with this fitted lol lol lol. For real loudness you could try something like the Cobra venom system that has no boxes at  just pipes but expect  PC plod to call on you as it is very loud and mainly intended to be used for off road.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club