Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2011 MK3 Sat Nav Upgrade - SYNC displays in non-SYNC car

vibeone

Yes i had park pilot and then added the reverse camera too :)

Once i had changed the asbuild data and writ it to the bcm and the icp  then cleared the dtc's it all worked as it should :)  

27 minutes ago, vibeone said:

Thanks victory - I thought about your VCM cable for an update but I'm assuming your updates didn't add it back?

i haven't done module updates other than the ipc yet as i need buy a battery charger to be on safe side for the other updates. When i do ill let you know if i do get the option.

Thanks guys - that gives me something to try then Tezza. Did you just use auto trader to find the right car? 

Just now, vibeone said:

Thanks guys - that gives me something to try then Tezza. Did you just use auto trader to find the right car? 

No working at a ford dealer helps loads :)  pm me your reg and i will get you the vin of a car you need if you like 

Will do! Many thanks

so I need to order a v7 card off eBay. Will any non-touch "v7" card work? 

1 minute ago, vibeone said:

Will do! Many thanks

so I need to order a v7 card off eBay. Will any non-touch "v7" card work? 

This is the one i've just put in my car as i just upgraded from v4.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-FORD-V7-Navigation-SD-CARD-/272619282463?hash=item3f7960201f:g:XsYAAOSwCU1Ys~OZ

1 hour ago, Victory said:

And it just goes straight in and works? No risk of not being paired to a VIN or anything?

if so I'll just buy it for that price thanks

15 minutes ago, vibeone said:

And it just goes straight in and works? No risk of not being paired to a VIN or anything?

if so I'll just buy it for that price thanks

ive upgraded my card twice now and i just pop it in and the system does a firmware update and it just works! dont think its paired with the VIN or anything

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Victory said:

ive upgraded my card twice now and i just pop it in and the system does a firmware update and it just works! dont think its paired with the VIN or anything

I wonder if a firmware update might help the display in general with my pilot issue

ordering now!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vibeone said:

I wonder if a firmware update might help the display in general with my pilot issue

ordering now!

could do, i think it does update it as ive had differences on both updates i have done not just with the nav , bluetooth seems more stable for instance.

Ordered last night :) 

Um.. I had a car melt down last night - used as built from another car and it got very angry. All sorted with a restore from my own as built

anyway this morning...

IMG_1293.JPG

2 hours ago, vibeone said:

Um.. I had a car melt down last night - used as built from another car and it got very angry. All sorted with a restore from my own as built

anyway this morning...

IMG_1293.JPG

how did you get park pilot back?

I really don't know.  Tezza sent me a VIN of a similar car but it turned out to have various lane assist type stuff on and the car got very very angry. Loads of faults.  I went back to my own as built, changed to add nav, and it failed a couple of times. I got very scared but eventually it went through.  I tried park pilot and from memory, it didn't work.  Then this morning, it just did. So it's hard to pin point what I did

needless to say, I'm very happy!  

I just need a gps aerial (magnetic on the radio?) and this 50cM pass through - anyone know where to source?  Plenty of time before the sd card arrives.

ps: see my other thread!

I have seen this exact symptom before. I suspect that the FCDIM did reset after the CANbus system went into sleep mode and obtains the correct configuration after the FCDIM powers on.

I recommend to install the GPS antenna behind the passenger side A-pillar cover. This is a perfect location for the GPS antenna and gives an excellent GPS reception quality (same or even better as the original GPS antenna).

30 cm Fakra Z female to Fakra Z femal cables are listed on eBay for less than €6,- including shipping. I suspect that 30 cm will just be long enough.

Thanks JW (again).  I was thinking I'd not been using park pilot properly or was going mad so it appears that might be it!

ive got dash cam wiring in the passenger a pillar but plenty of room so I'll go with that - thanks for the tip.

Still struggling with these. I've got the gps sorted I think - pretty simple. Fakra female I believe.

however I'm not sure how to source the connector which allows pass through? 

Mice found this... http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dual-Male-Fakra-Y-Splitter-to-Female-Fakra-Antenna-Adapter-Cable-for-VW-AUDI-/332196984060?hash=item4d587bb4fc%3Ag%3AtNwAAOSwX61ZAbQ8&_trkparms=pageci%3A82de1672-2ddb-11e7-ad43-74dbd18081c6%7Cparentrq%3Ac0580c1715b0a991f08acdddffff4b5e%7Ciid%3A3

But that's a splitter rather than pass through  does it just piggy back on the back of the ACM somehow? 

Sorry for being thick.

i get it that this is what I need...

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/CEN-Fakra-Z-Antenna-Aerial-30cm-Cable-Female-to-Female-GPS-GSM-DAB-DVB-TV-/252207870434?hash=item3ab8c2b1e2%3Ag%3AaSUAAOSwo4pYMFsp&_trkparms=pageci%3A6c96da6e-2ddc-11e7-ba5d-74dbd1805d30%7Cparentrq%3Ac05e07c415b0aa415d891c7efffe1932%7Ciid%3A1

but how to pass through/piggy back

You need the following type of Fakra cable:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor fakra z to fakra z

The Fakra antenna cable that is originally connected to the input of the ACM needs to be connected to the input of the FCDIM. Next the new Fakra cable is connected between the output of the FCDIM and the input of the ACM.

Sorry mate I'm losing the plot. I thought the antenna would go ACM then back to FCDIM but I get it now :)

sorry for indeed being thick - the info was there!

Glad you got the park pilot to work and yes its scary using foCCCus Or any other third party software that's why i only use the UCDS software as its IDS based and costs more but worth is as it does most fords as well

The best GPS antenna i found was the fiesta one and it just bolts to the top of the screen and has a short lead that fits into the back of the screen  

19 hours ago, Tezza said:

Glad you got the park pilot to work and yes its scary using foCCCus Or any other third party software that's why i only use the UCDS software as its IDS based and costs more but worth is as it does most fords as well

The best GPS antenna i found was the fiesta one and it just bolts to the top of the screen and has a short lead that fits into the back of the screen  

IDS would be better, but I'm happy enough playing.  As an example, my 61 plate has only done 32k but I suspect all around town.  I wasn't happy with the fuel economy or performance, so used ForScan to reset all adaptations and reset learned EGR values.  This causes repeated engine malfunctions while it relearns, but since doing so, fuel economy is a minimum of 5mpg better - mid 40's to above 50.  

From what I've read a lot of people just throw the (magnetic?) gps antenna on top of the radio unit and leave it.  But I will trail it to the pillar as advised.

Can anyone confirm what I am missing out on by not connecting the 2 wires? It's it nav voice control or will the sat nav be silent without them? I don't have them, but may just buy some cable and the individual pins rather than try and source the loom.  If anyone is producing such a thing on the forum let me know and I'll purchase from you - my wiring skills are not the best!

Quick update - I've fitted the GPS loose in the a pillar for now - may stick it down at some point if it rattles although it can't really move.  The 'NO GPS' warning has gone!

Ive also moved the FM connection to the FCDIM and used a 30cm fakra z female off amazon to pass through to the ACM.  Fm and dab reception appears unchanged. However I cannot test the TMC reception until the sd card arrives for navigation - hopefully tomorrow!

As for the 2 audio wires - I'm still struggling. If we discount the idea of getting these from a scrap car - I just need to know what the hell the metal inserts in the connector block are called. I can make the cables myself, but I need these pin things and I'm not sure what to search for. Any ideas?

Ford does not sell connector pins. Ford does sell connector repair kits (which basically consist of the connector and about 20 cm of wiring) but these are pretty expensive.

The connector pins can be bought seperately but to find the correct pins you need to know the exact brand and type/series of the connector. Ford uses several brands and types/series of connectors. However most connectors are produced by AMP (currently TE connectivity). The connectors can be identified by the part number that is casted into the connector housing. Based on this part number you can search for product documentation which also shows the correct part numbers of the connector pins. 

However connector pins are usually supplied in larger quantities or by wholesale suppliers with high P&P costs. The easiest.cheapest solution will be finding a scrap car to take the wires (or connector pins) from.

Hopefully the card will turn up today and I'll take some pics later (it'll hopefully look just like a sat nav focus, but it's been lovingly crafted by me haha).

I've gone back to the salvage yard I bought the display from to ask for a price for the connectors and a small amount of wiring.  even if I don't get the 2 wires, I can I assume produce my own 2 wires with the correct connectors.  That might take some time to arrive, but hopefully by the end of the day I'll have something to show :)  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club