Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Ecoboost coolant hose and heater matrix failure

DamianPJ

Hi,

I have a 2013 Focus Ecoboost that I've had for 9 months. The coolant hose has just split and I ended up with coolant leaking into the Drivers footwell. I have subsequently found out that this failed hose is subject to a recall that was not carried out, I was unaware of it. My local Ford dealer has said that the heater matrix has failed and are insistent that this is not as a result of the hose failure and that the two are not connected, but has advised me that they will replace the hose but not the heater matrix as they are not connected, but advised me not to drive it with a faulty heater matrix as it will over heat?, but they can replace for £920. Does anyone know if the failure of the hose would cause the heater matrix to fail, as I believe Ford are trying to fob me off.

Thanks in advance.

so the coolant hose that split was the one in the engine bay connected to the expansion tank? unfortunatley its been a coincidence its leaking in the footwell , are you sure its the matrix leaking and not the seals leaking that attatches to matrix as thats fairly common. if it is ,unfortunatly it requires a modified matrix to fix that iliminates the seals.
alternative ive seen a member on here cut out the pipes where seals leak and rejoin using rubber hoses.

Yes, the hose to the expansion tank. My local Ford garage says the matrix is leaking, not the seals.... just seems odd to me that both happen to go at the same time.