• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 paulliver

paulliver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:05 PM

the wifes heater matrix is blocked so im thinking of changing it anybody done the above and how did you do it
cheers paul

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 TDCI ZS

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:31 PM

Hey, not a difficult job, just time consuming and fiddliy!

It requires removal of the dashboard...remoaval of part of heater system, block off matrix pipes, then remove matrix.

Replace, partly refit heater system and sit dash in place, then top up coolant system, run engine and bleed system and ensure matrix not leaking!

Run engine ensuring no air locks and matrix gets warm, then you can fit dash back fully :)

Expect spending a good day! :)

#3 stevej2209

stevej2209

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.25 Zetec Mark 5
Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:48 PM

the wifes heater matrix is blocked so im thinking of changing it anybody done the above and how did you do it
cheers paul

You don't need to remove the dash at all, it takes about an hour to do. Look under the bonnet to the back and centre of the vehicle, you'll see two pipes leading through a soft covering. Follow the pipes and you should see them attached to a removable plate held in by 4 screws, that's where the heater matrix sits. Any more help just give me a message.

#4 paulliver

paulliver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:14 PM

You don't need to remove the dash at all, it takes about an hour to do. Look under the bonnet to the back and centre of the vehicle, you'll see two pipes leading through a soft covering. Follow the pipes and you should see them attached to a removable plate held in by 4 screws, that's where the heater matrix sits. Any more help just give me a message.

hi steve sent u a message
thanks paul

#5 paulliver

paulliver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:58 PM

did what u said m8 didnt take long,i flushed a load of rust /crap out of the matrix refitted it and hey presto???now have hot air blowing :)
im thinking of dropping all of the coolant out when it get a bit warmer then refilling it all with fresh .i will flush the radiator and heater matrix out first then add fresh anti-freeze and water should be fine
thanks for the help
paul

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users