Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Focus

Irishman1127

Hi all

I never think to log in here lol! just to let you know I'm still about and so is my gold Mk1. 132k miles now on the clock and due in for its NCT (MOT) test next month. I've totally rebuilt the front suspension with all new parts. Nice and quiet over the bumps now. I'm away down the country tomorrow, to buy a donor car same year and colour as my own. Anyway ill try to log in a bit more often, I must set up an email notification or something.

Other than all that its running like a Rolex, and providing me with very cheap transport. I've a few other jobs planned for the future, valve shims,cambelt and waterpump, PCV valve replacement and fix an annoying oil leak (I think its the sump gasket) hard to believe I have it four years now already. i only do 5k miles a year, so its not getting massive wear and tear, although every year before it has to go in for the test, I always do a few jobs.

Trailing arm bushes are next on the list. I have the bushes already and once I have them in, that will be the entire suspension system replaced in the last 2 years with good quality parts. I did the lower arm bushes in the front just two weeks ago, and rebuilt the original arms. pressed on the large and small bushes, drilling out the rivets for the lower ball-joints was a right pain and took longer than the bushes did to be honest.

I had it in for tyres and tracking, and when it was on the lift I had a right good poke about underneath. The bloke in the tyre place said it was the most solid mk1 hes seen in a long long time. I'm going to pull all the arch liners out too, and pressure wash it all out and then a good dosing of cavity wax and under body sealant just to try and keep the old girl solid. I'll bang up a few pics soon.

PS I'm going to set up an e-mail alert now to remind me to log in from time to time

George

Hi George

welcome to the forum

glad you have a solid MK1

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Hi George

welcome to the forum

glad you have a solid MK1

I've been on quite a while. I just never think to log in!!!

2 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Need some pics mate

I'll get right on that buddy!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club