Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta Rear Brake Pipes

HenryV

Hi folks,

Would anyone have a diagram of a Mk6 Fiesta brake system?

I need to replace the rear pipes and I just want to get an idea of what I'm in for if I decide to tackle the job.

I'm intending having a look under the car tomorrow.

Are the pipes in sections or are they a single length all the way to the front?

Thanks,

H..

I've had look under the car and the rear pipes are indeed corroded.

I reckon I've 3 choices:

1) Buy some Ford pipes and fit them myself.

2) Make my own using copper.

3) Have the job done at the garage where the guy made an excellent job on my dad's Astra brake pipes.

I've ruled out option 2. If I'm using copper I'll take option 3.

Please could someone tell me if any parts (other than the exhaust heat shields) need to be removed to fit the genuine Ford pipes?

Any tips/warnings about the job?

Would anyone know the part numbers for the pipes?

Thanks,

H..

I repair cars all day and forget option 1 as they are one of the first parts to fit under the car when built. you often fing they will have joiners approx. about the front side of the fuel tank . we always use copper and add a joiner in some jobs but is a much easier job on a ramp than just off the ground so I would use option 3 unless you have use of a ramp.

• Like 3

On my mk6 I replaced the pipes myself when they corroded. 

I bought some copper tubing, measured and shaped it, then had the connectors crimped on at a local garage. Cost me about £15 and I have tonnes of copper I'll probably never use. All depends on how much time you have, and how easily you can get access to the bottom of the car 

• Like 1

i also say forget option 1. always replace with copper. You can buy a pipe flaring tool failrly cheap, they work OK on copper pipe as it is much softer than steel pipe. Also the softer copper pipe means it is easy to shape on the bends.

(but if you need to make a join the original steel pipe at a pint where there is not a joiner, then a cheap flaring tool won't do)

• Like 1

Thanks folks,

Looks like I'll take 540's advice and go for option 3 on this job.

I've only got 10 working days to get an MOT retest which means I only really have next weekend.

I'd also be led on my back in the drive and option 2 would be an intricate procedure I guess.

I had hoped I could just replace them with Ford ones but having read 540's reply, it might end up being an even bigger job than making my own.

Regards,

H..

• Like 1