Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FORscan activate reverse camera

F-For-Fiesta

Hello guys, my name is Terry and I'm new here. I have a question about FORscan. Next week I'm going to build in my reverse camera, I already have received the products I need. I have a simple OBD2 scanner (WiFi interface), is this going to work? I own a MacBook and I do have Windows 10 installed on this. Or do I need an older version of Windows?

I do have this OBD2 scanner: http://pasteboard.co/Hbra0Vzb.png There's no switch on it. Is this a problem? 

Can anyone please tell me how I can activate my reverse camera on my own? Which digits do I have to change in order to activate the camera? Of course I will get an error message now, since the camera is not installed yet. 

The dealer asks £45 to do this... Maybe it's easier to change this myself. I have a Ford Fiesta 2013 125HP ST-Line. Left hand steering wheel.

Thank you in advance. 

-Terry

Hi , I used forscan windows version with licence.( Licence is free and lasts two months) You need to scan the car first and then go into config MAIN . you need to find the WITHOUT CAMERA , double click and then in engineering mode 1 change the options to WITH CAMERA. then press WRITE . follow all software promps . You do not need to change any numbers only drop down menus

are you fitting satnav ?

You must have a interface that has a SWITCH as the cans are H/S and M/S . I used a ELMSCAN 327 USB with SWITCH

are you fitting a genuine camera as I did or just a standard camera

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply @540itouring. Okay so I can easy change it in my Ford system without change any digits. Only drop down menus, that's great to hear. I have the normal Fiesta radio with navigation screen (color). Not the Sony radio. Just the normal version.

So I do need to have a switch in order to activate this? Is my normal OBD2 scanner WiFi interface not going to work at all?

I'm fitting an aftermarket camera with a special cable to connect it to my SYNC 1 system monitor. Thanks.

I now own this OBD2 scanner:

Unknown.png

you must have a two speed interface or one that can AUTO SWITCH speeds (expensive) but you may be able to add a switch to your if its not auto switching.

I used this one as it was a good price and works perfect

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-USB-Modified-ELM327-Elmconfig-Forscan-Ford-Focus-Mondeo-Kuga-S-Max-/181457166623?hash=item2a3fb0a11f:g:ZMwAAOSwEK9T0Utc

Thank you @540itouring. I will buy this one too, so I will be sure this is working with my Fiesta. It's just a simple drop menu? Click click, writing, saving and done? What if I want to go back if the camera isn't working. Is my park distance control (bleeps and graphical blocks on the screen) still working with the camera enabled?

Thanks you. @540itouring

mine work but I fitted a genuine camera with more cables. Just play with reading the CC of the car first so you are sure what to do. I did NOT chage the AS BUILT file as I think this can be used as a back up.

This is my camera working    I also used windows 10 but other versions will work as far as I know

@540itouring Thank you so much. So I need to change the NON As Built version? I did just ordered the same OBD2 adapter as you. 

Your video looks great! Does the camera stay active after  driving ... miles per hour? I know there's an option to see Park Distance Control on the top left corner if I'm sure. Can you maybe place a simple instruction on how to activate the camera? That would be really nice, since I don't want to break my Fiesta. :) Something like this:

1. Open FORscan and click on scan car

2. ... Step 2

Hope you can help me out like you already did, thank you! :) 

I will try to make a video of how I done this but I have to work most of this out buy reading the files. My camera can be switched off by the lower right front button or will switch off when you drive off forward.

get the software installed , install the usb interface driver (comes with your new elmscan) and then set the connection within forscan to use a com port. Plug inter face into car and with ignition on press connect to car and then have a play. do now save or change any thing until you understand how this part works.  Let me know when you can do this and I will tell you the next stage.

battery voltage must be above 11.6 volts so turn all lights off to save power etc

@540itouring Thank you for the information. So basically I have to install the drivers and plug in the USB to my computer and start FORscan. Just ignition on (2 clicks) without starting the engine itself. Than connect click connect to car on FORscan. Okay but I don't know if my battery has 11.6 volts, I don't drive that much. But I will turn off all lights and dashcam. Should I turn off the radio too?

Please tell me what to do next.

When I receive my OBD2 adapter which I have ordered, I want to change the settings before installing the camera, so I can be sure it is working. Thank you in advance! 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162068198073?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I have bought this one.

the program will tell you if battery is low as a warning .     I left radio on with volume down.     you will also get info be searching youtube for forscan

@540itouring Okay thank you, good to know. 

"You need to scan the car first and then go into config MAIN . you need to find the WITHOUT CAMERA , double click and then in engineering mode 1 change the options to WITH CAMERA. then press WRITE . follow all software promps . You do not need to change any numbers only drop down menus"

I can use this methode without changing any values in FORscan? Just a simple click and save?

yes but you need to be in engineering mode first and that will give you options to change.    I have NOT changes ANY values only drop down menus  

Look for Parking camera in the left list and then when you go into this you will see how to change this.    I had my car stuck in KM and with no reverse camera working for two years and only found this software last week in order to solve my problems.

Thank you for your clear instructions @540itouring. Thank you! How to enter engineering mode? Do I have plug in the adapter first with M/S or H/S mode? Than engineering mode and than scan the car? 

Is there any way to create a backup file incase I will mess this up? Thank you! 

But how do I know which side is H/S or M/S mode, since the adapter doesn't have any instruction on it. 

I had the same problem but you will soon find out as it starts reading the car in HS mode so if it does not read stich the switch over and restart the reading. The software tell you when to switch the switch back. I am not sure how to back up the data yet but the as built file I think must contain that. you can also back up all files but you need to research that and then you can tell me.

this gives you the basics of what I did apart from you are looing for camera

@540itouring Thank you. I did just watch this video 5 minutes ago. :)  And at which module do I have to look? Also BdyCMD?

its something like IPC   MAIN but for sure it says CC after it and then you gel the list like the video. yoy also use the arrow for play (read) in the lower left corner of the screen.for some functions but you will soon see.

@540itouring Thank you so much. When I have received my OBD2 scanner I will try this and post the result here. Thank you so much in advance! 

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:56 PM, 540itouring said:

Hi , I used forscan windows version with licence.( Licence is free and lasts two months) You need to scan the car first and then go into config MAIN . you need to find the WITHOUT CAMERA , double click and then in engineering mode 1 change the options to WITH CAMERA. then press WRITE . follow all software promps . You do not need to change any numbers only drop down menus

are you fitting satnav ?

You must have a interface that has a SWITCH as the cans are H/S and M/S . I used a ELMSCAN 327 USB with SWITCH

are you fitting a genuine camera as I did or just a standard camera

Hi David, I have the genuine camera ready to fit to my 2016 fiesta Titanium with satnav (that I retrofitted, had the same issue with the kms etc, now all good) if possible could you send me the part numbers for the correct cables that you fitted to make this work and any other info you can give me on doing this, I have a link to an aftermarket cable that will plug into the back of the satnav screen and allow me to use an aftermarket camera, but as I have a genuine camera and the tailgate complete panel too with handle etc I would rather keep it all original as you have done.

Thanks in advance,

Duncan

I do not have any part numbers as I made my wiring up as to what I needed. If you are fitting the genuine camera you will also require the complete rear trim painted to your colour car unless you are going to just cut it in as the boot switch button is offset on the camera version.

The tailgate will require a extra loom of 6 wires of which 3 go into a socket behind the nearside boot trim approx. below where the rear seatbelt goes behind the trim. The other three wires (twin with full screening ) I run along the inside door sill near side up to the back of the display unit. I had the camera plug for the back of the monitor with a short length of cable I got from a breakers. My camera also came from a late car and also had a short length of cable of which I joined onto.   I fitted the camera over 15 months ago and only just got it working with forscan. The camera wires I remember are +12v, Ground  ,Data , Video +/- and Screen (ground.)        If you search other posts you will see you can buy the camera plug for the monitor on its own for about £8 + postage etc.     I got my circuit info from ford etis   but you need to know the reg or vin of the car that had a camera from new and will give the connections.    you could get a dealer to look them up for you but you will need a reg of vin from the car that had them or I do not think it will show options.

I have done many years in electronics so enjoy a challenge when a dealer told me it cant be done !