Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FORscan activate reverse camera

F-For-Fiesta

@540itouring Good information! I like it. One questions: where did you wire up the power for the camera to stay active when key the key turns on. It needs power 100% when the car is start up, even when you don't use the reverse gear/light. Please tell me. Thank you. 

the multi plug behind the near side trim approx. location near the seatbelt

@540itouring Thank you but I really don't know what you mean. Could you please post a picture or send a picture to explain the location. 

Positive and ground wire into multi plug right? I don't think my power cable is going to be that long. Thank you. Please help. 

15 hours ago, 540itouring said:

I do not have any part numbers as I made my wiring up as to what I needed. If you are fitting the genuine camera you will also require the complete rear trim painted to your colour car unless you are going to just cut it in as the boot switch button is offset on the camera version.

The tailgate will require a extra loom of 6 wires of which 3 go into a socket behind the nearside boot trim approx. below where the rear seatbelt goes behind the trim. The other three wires (twin with full screening ) I run along the inside door sill near side up to the back of the display unit. I had the camera plug for the back of the monitor with a short length of cable I got from a breakers. My camera also came from a late car and also had a short length of cable of which I joined onto.   I fitted the camera over 15 months ago and only just got it working with forscan. The camera wires I remember are +12v, Ground  ,Data , Video +/- and Screen (ground.)        If you search other posts you will see you can buy the camera plug for the monitor on its own for about £8 + postage etc.     I got my circuit info from ford etis   but you need to know the reg or vin of the car that had a camera from new and will give the connections.    you could get a dealer to look them up for you but you will need a reg of vin from the car that had them or I do not think it will show options.

I have done many years in electronics so enjoy a challenge when a dealer told me it cant be done !

Hi David, I have the lot from the tailgate of the car with the reverse camera, handle, camera etc, all painted to my cars colour and ready to fit, I also managed to get a small piece of the wiring loom just after the plug on the camera and also a small piece of the wiring green plug at the back of the satnav screen, but on the green plug there are 4 or 5 wires with the protection wrapped round them but on the plug from the camera only 2 wires with the protection so I don't know what wires go where, on the camera side I am sure I could work that out but on the green connector at the back of the satnav screen is where I am totally lost with what goes where.

I think its the brown and orange wires with orange being the video signal+ and the video - is ground . The main screen just joins up with the screen from the camera cable and the power , Data and ground join to the rear socket behind trim.    Have you reprogrammed the car yet with forscan ?.  The monitor green plug of which I think was brown and orange wires it you do a resistance check with a meter with power off will read 75 ohms and so that will confirm you have the correct wires.  The other wires in this plug are not used.

@540itouring @bigchunk I have an automatic lightning modus on my Fiesta. When I drive around at daytime, only my 2 LED strips will light up. Rear lights are completely off. Will the camera still work than? Because if I hook it up to my rear light (red light when pressing brake of have lightning on by hand).

Thanks guys :) 

I work long hours and have been helping you and you just want more and more. I can not send pics and a detailed pin for pin set up with out charging . I have given you a lot of information and if you take your time and re read my posts the details will be found or you will be very close to the info you need. I hope you understand my reason as I need to ge on with my own work so I can pay bills.    If you still do not know where wiring is etc start like I did with buying circuit diagrams etc and wiring layout and study circuits with cars built with the camera and with no camera and that's how I started. Remember dealers often do not want to do mods to cars so the best way is to do it yourself armed with all the info collected or pay someone else.

I will try to answer basic questions when I get time and sure you will understand

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 540itouring said:

I think its the brown and orange wires with orange being the video signal+ and the video - is ground . The main screen just joins up with the screen from the camera cable and the power , Data and ground join to the rear socket behind trim.    Have you reprogrammed the car yet with forscan ?.  The monitor green plug of which I think was brown and orange wires it you do a resistance check with a meter with power off will read 75 ohms and so that will confirm you have the correct wires.  The other wires in this plug are not used.

That's great David, I have programmed the car with forscan and the screen goes black when I put the car in reverse with the 4 option buttons showing up at the bottom of the screen, but it does not say camera disconnected as some people have noted after activating. Plenty of helpful info for me to work with when I get home from work abroad.

that is what I had and also had a error code on forscan NO SIGNAL    until camera connected

I know thank you, I have just received an email that my OBD2 scanner is being send to me. I will be dropped off at my house within 1 week. :) I will let you know, thank you for your time. I already have activated the extended license for FORscan. Thanks. 

ok good

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:17 AM, 540itouring said:

that is what I had and also had a error code on forscan NO SIGNAL    until camera connected

Thanks David, never thought to check for a fault code on forscan, that would have told me if activated correctly or not.

On 2017-5-3 at 7:55 PM, 540itouring said:

I work long hours and have been helping you and you just want more and more. I can not send pics and a detailed pin for pin set up with out charging . I have given you a lot of information and if you take your time and re read my posts the details will be found or you will be very close to the info you need. I hope you understand my reason as I need to ge on with my own work so I can pay bills.    If you still do not know where wiring is etc start like I did with buying circuit diagrams etc and wiring layout and study circuits with cars built with the camera and with no camera and that's how I started. Remember dealers often do not want to do mods to cars so the best way is to do it yourself armed with all the info collected or pay someone else.

I will try to answer basic questions when I get time and sure you will understand

The problem here is that he is trying to run before you can walk so to speak, very much trying to get ahead of himself. Forscan is one of those things you just need to learn for yourself, and at least plug it into your car and look around for the correct option to turn on before coming back onto here saying you have a problem. The majority of stuff asked could easily be found by a quick google or YouTube search instead if wasting more peoples time. I don't think the language barrier helps here either though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

The problem here is that he is trying to run before you can walk so to speak, very much trying to get ahead of himself. Forscan is one of those things you just need to learn for yourself, and at least plug it into your car and look around for the correct option to turn on before coming back onto here saying you have a problem. The majority of stuff asked could easily be found by a quick google or YouTube search instead if wasting more peoples time. I don't think the language barrier helps here either though.

well said

• 2 years later...
On 4/30/2017 at 5:56 PM, 540itouring said:

Hi , I used forscan windows version with licence.( Licence is free and lasts two months) You need to scan the car first and then go into config MAIN . you need to find the WITHOUT CAMERA , double click and then in engineering mode 1 change the options to WITH CAMERA. then press WRITE . follow all software promps . You do not need to change any numbers only drop down menus

are you fitting satnav ?

You must have a interface that has a SWITCH as the cans are H/S and M/S . I used a ELMSCAN 327 USB with SWITCH

are you fitting a genuine camera as I did or just a standard camera

hi - New to focus club - trying to fit aftermarket camera - Focus 3.5 2017 - synck 3 v2.2 Having trouble finding the Camera option when using forscan with ELMS interface with switch,

Scan and saved configuration - when I try to find Config main- get message need extended licence. (Have  I pressed the wrong button) Any Help apreciated

KenW

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club