Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No compression Cylinder 4

Kenny Mac

Car experienced an issue at weekend which Diagnostic test showed issue with either coil or spark plug. Recommended not to drive vehicle so requested recovery.  AA turned up and confirmed diagnostic fault as either coil or spark plug. Unable to repair due to lack off parts therefore car recovered to garage. Update from garage is no compression from cylinder 4.  i be live the coil has been replaced. Anyone had similar issues. Thanks

3 hours ago, Kenny Mac said:

Car experienced an issue at weekend which Diagnostic test showed issue with either coil or spark plug. Recommended not to drive vehicle so requested recovery.  AA turned up and confirmed diagnostic fault as either coil or spark plug. Unable to repair due to lack off parts therefore car recovered to garage. Update from garage is no compression from cylinder 4.  i be live the coil has been replaced. Anyone had similar issues. Thanks

What was the fault code which led them to believe it was the coil or plug? 

Its a cylinder head off job now, at the very least a burnt valve. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stef123 said:

What was the fault code which led them to believe it was the coil or plug? 

Its a cylinder head off job now, at the very least a burnt valve. 

Not exactly sure what the code was but both a mate who did a diagnostic test and the garage who did one both had the same outcome. I wish it was only a coil, spark plug or a burnt valve but been told today that we are probably looking at a new engine. A little extreme I thought but not what I needed to hear however I am very surprised this has happened to a four and a half year old car with less than 30k on the clock.

Are you sure it's not bypassing an injector seal?

• Like 1

The car has been with the ford dealer ( where I purchased my last 2 cars from) since Monday and by all accounts they have done all the main checks where they would expect to find the problem but have drawn a blank. They were saying that if they strip it down and it is something simple then it could cost thousands on labour. Apparently it is extremely rare for this engine to experience any issues. 

• Like 1

On 2017-5-3 at 8:45 PM, Kenny Mac said:

Not exactly sure what the code was but both a mate who did a diagnostic test and the garage who did one both had the same outcome. I wish it was only a coil, spark plug or a burnt valve but been told today that we are probably looking at a new engine. A little extreme I thought but not what I needed to hear however I am very surprised this has happened to a four and a half year old car with less than 30k on the clock.

I melted a piston on my ecoboost at 3 years old and 27k miles :p 

Although that was down to the doilem that mapped it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club