Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,047 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:59 PM

^ all that sounds good to me. Though I think I'll have to wait for the weather to become warmer before working on the car since I don't have a garage. Can't wait to get started so at least I know what my car is looking inside.

By the way I thought air filter and pollen filter are the same thing!? I read up on the air filter (the one ocated in front of the passenger windscreen) but where is the pollen filter?

the 'air filter' only filters the air being drawn in by the engine. the pollen filter is to filter the air entering the cabin. i believe the genuine ford pollen filters are a charcoal type which eliminates odour too, alot of aftermarket ones dont have this.

if you look at the pic ive uploaded, should be the same as your 1.6 roughly?
the red is pollen filter and the blue is air filter.

Attached Thumbnails

• air_filters.JPG

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 mickyfree

mickyfree

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:12 PM

Yup the same! Thanks for the heads up... The weather is not on my side. Really want to get lots of things fixed. My car is stuttering more often during acceleration after changing gears. And then the other night my rear view mirror fell off when driving!

My car is falling apart!! lol..

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users