Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bicycle in the back of a focus

JoeZS19

Hey!

Currently have a fiesta st line, I can just about fit my push bike in the car with the seats down and one of the wheels off. I was just wondering how much more room there is in the rear of the focus? And do any of you guys transport a bike or two bikes in the back of one? thanks in advance

• Like 1

I have had two disability scooters in mine with the seat down mk 2.5  :smile:

I get my fathers wheelchair in the RS boot which is far shallower than the standard one with the seats up and the boot lid in place. I would guess a bike would fit with the seats down.

• Like 1

One bike laid out flat with the seats down is no problem, even easier if you take the wheel off.  

Why not use a bike carrier so you keep all the muck on the outside, especially if you are talking about a mountain bike that has just come off the muddy hills.  I use the Maxxraxx http://www.maxxraxx.co.uk/products/2-4-5-bike-racks which connects to the towbar and can be taken on and off as needed within a few minutes.  I can carry up to 4 full sized mountain bikes on the back of the Focus, though the extra weight pulls the back suspension down a bit when fully loaded.

IMG00030.jpg

Am I the only one who was expecting a cycle crashed into the back of a Focus?!

• Like 1

In my 2.5 I could fit a bike flat with the back seats down - didn't bother with the wheel off all the time although it probably makes it easier to get it back out.

I have spent ages looking for a bike rack to go on the Focus mk2.5, most will not work due to the spoiler, that is until I found this little gem.

Saris Grand Fondo 

it waves about quite a bit but actually is perfectly safe, speed bumps are a little terrifying but I'm well chuffed with it.  The only down side is that it will only carry 2 bikes

y4msGcFi2espwsDWKimRvh13rFjHcUwkPgV-XPCR

15 minutes ago, Dee_82 said:

I have spent ages looking for a bike rack to go on the Focus mk2.5, most will not work due to the spoiler, that is until I found this little gem.

Saris Grand Fondo 

it waves about quite a bit but actually is perfectly safe, speed bumps are a little terrifying but I'm well chuffed with it.  The only down side is that it will only carry 2 bikes

y4msGcFi2espwsDWKimRvh13rFjHcUwkPgV-XPCR

Yeah, but you're not supposed to be sitting on the bike when driving over speed bumps...:wink:

• Like 2

haha, that's a fair point, I was wondering how to strap the kid on safely save him from getting to where we are going before me.

Ill bring him in side the car next time, plenty of room now I have all that free space in the boot!! :) 

• Like 1

One bike laid out flat with the seats down is no problem, even easier if you take the wheel off.  

Why not use a bike carrier so you keep all the muck on the outside, especially if you are talking about a mountain bike that has just come off the muddy hills.  I use the Maxxraxx http://www.maxxraxx.co.uk/products/2-4-5-bike-racks which connects to the towbar and can be taken on and off as needed within a few minutes.  I can carry up to 4 full sized mountain bikes on the back of the Focus, though the extra weight pulls the back suspension down a bit when fully loaded.
IMG00030.thumb.jpg.8d012c952b0d82e652f23aab797b8f28.jpg

I doubt I'd have a towbar fitted to be honest. Would always use some form of sheets in the car to keep it nice and clean :)

Fair enough - I have a trailer as well so the towbar comes in useful for both that and the bikes.

I used to buy a bike carrier from Halfords every year use it for our holidays then return it for a refund never cost me a penny. Did that for 5 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Philf1 said:

I used to buy a bike carrier from halfords every year use it for our holidays then return it for a refund never cost me a penny. Did that for 5 years.

nice one lol:smile:

I use thule ProRide 591 when going mountain biking around the country but locally I take off my front wheel and throw it in the back (seats down) I have a bike with a XL frame and 29" wheels plenty of room. (MK3 Focus) boot is bigger in the older ones I think.

I use Thule ProRide 591 when going mountain biking around the country but locally I take off my front wheel and throw it in the back (seats down) I have a bike with a XL frame and 29" wheels plenty of room. (MK3 Focus) boot is bigger in the older ones I think.

Sounds good, my bike is a smaller frame and 27.5 wheel so should fit in no problem if I go the focus route!